• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian Jumpseat War

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they're not alter-ego, then I guess it is what it is.

I'm sure nobody is more aware of how hard Mesa sucks than the guys who work there. It is tragic that this nickel and dime, chump outfit was the nail in Aloha's coffin.....I find it hard to blame the pilots who are just going to work just like the rest of us. I'm not offering to pay their bills, so I've got nothing to say about the wages/work rules they are willing to accept.

If they're not alter-ego, then I guess it is what it is.

I'm sure nobody is more aware of how hard Mesa sucks than the guys who work there. It is tragic that this nickel and dime, chump outfit was the nail in Aloha's coffin.....I find it hard to blame the pilots who are just going to work just like the rest of us. I'm not offering to pay their bills, so I've got nothing to say about the wages/work rules they are willing to accept.

Hard to believe that a new operater in Hawaii with 6 (50 seat) RJs could put a company like Aloha out of business...Not buying it.

It's about time that somebody figured out that MESA is Deadheading crews on other airlines Jumpseats.

At the beginning of go! airlines, an e-mail was sent out by Mesa management to the go! pilots requiring them to jumpseat out to Hawaii with some faulty line of reasoning given why they would not be bought tickets.

This e-mail was forwarded to the MEC's of several airlines, and was nipped in the bud way back then.

Of course J.O. would never let this happen again.

The worst part was, with the exception of the lone pilot who forwarded the e-mail, most, if not all the other go! pilots complied with the e-mail and did use the jumpseat.

No, unfortunately not BS. When Mesa was starting up their Go! operation, they simply told several of their crew members to 'get to Hawaii', on their own. I met two of these guys trying to get to HNL and they confirmed it. Word quickly spread to our jumpseat committee, then back to the MAG union, who put a stop to it right away.

HAL

^^^^ confirmed

Well after Alaska buys Hawaiian and redeploys Horizon for inter Island service. There will be peace in the valley and everyone will be welcome on the JS to the Islands.

^^^^ confirmed

I don't know what to tell you to get it through your heads. But,here goes,
Do airlines have trackers or schedulers that will try to get you to do something against the contract or FARs....yep....do you do it....nope!
END OF STORY!

really? I read all of your replies in this thread and you are about as clear as mud.

Follow the contract and FARs. Is that clear to you?
Whats your problem? I am saying that our pilots should never use the jump seat when the company is required to get you there.
GET IT.

Latest resources

Back