• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaiian "Five O"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i flew dal 3 days ago from hnl-atl and it had 70 plus seats open. they arent losing as much as you think

I was referring to HAL. They just cancelled their PDX - OGG service.

If you're living in NYC the choice would be obvious. HAL from JFK; Great service on a new A330 with a company that wants to welcome you to Hawaii.

EWR and CAL .... Nuff said. (no offense intended to the long suffering victims of Jeffy and ALPA)

You do realize that Hawaiian is ALPA right?

i flew dal 3 days ago from hnl-atl and it had 70 plus seats open. they arent losing as much as you think

Try that in the Summer. Very hard to get a seat from ATL to HNL. In October or early November, not as bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The wisdom of this move is to offer service from the Far East to New York on a single carrier. It will be a big winner for Hawaiian. Dunkerley is on a roll...

The wisdom of this move is to offer service from the Far East to New York on a single carrier. It will be a big winner for Hawaiian. Dunkerley is on a roll...

So, you can't go nonstop from the Far East to NYC? Huh? I think you can Yoda. Oh, if you want to stop in Hawaii on the way, then sure. But, if you are a businessman who needs to be in NYC, then maybe not so much. And, the CEO may be on a roll, and other CEOs are watching, and deciding what to do with the excess cash they have on hand......Keep it going...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey Dan-Nice to see the general get antsy and defensive about someone besides WN-
Knock it out brother- great article, good news(!)

They have to explore new markets since they're losing ground on the West Coast.

No we are not "losing ground on the west coast". you have been salivating over Hawaiian moving their OGG to PDX aircraft to OGG to OAK/SJC. There is a lot more to that than you obviously know, but it isn't because of low load factors. Hawaiian is doing very well as the preferred carrier between Hawaii and the west coast. We are now doing very well bringing that service to Asia and now the East Coast. I suspect Canada is next, then more Asia service.
You guys are very new to Hawaii, you have higher seat mile costs than us and much lower yield (and inferior service too!). Your competitive "us vs. Hawaiian" attitude makes you look very bad. You haven't impacted our loads at all, you carry your feed and frequent flyers.

Hey Dan-Nice to see the general get antsy and defensive about someone besides WN-
Knock it out brother- great article, good news(!)

Thanks! and when you guys come here I'll welcome you! The reality about the Hawaii market is it's very big. We have out niche and people will always like flying to Hawaii on Hawaiian. But there are always going to be multiple carriers coming here. You guys will bring a whole new segment from your route structure here and it will be good for Hawaii, which is in turn good for Hawaiian. People like Fubi seem to have this "us vs. them attitude".

General, your hinting at someone buying Hawaiian because we are doing well, the reality is Hawaii is a very unique place and someone trying to acquire one of the largest employers in the state and losing what is considered Hawaii's flagship airline might not be as easy as you think. Hawaiian is an integral part of Hawaii and wont disappear easily.
The rumors of someone buying Hawaiian have always been there, so far it has never happened!

Well if you get stuck up front and I'm flying we can debate who was better, Ayrton Senna or Jimmy Clark!

Take you up on that!

Clark was a master of the 60s.
I love the F1 cars of the 1960s. Also, loved the high-tech cars of the early 1990s.

My vote goes to Senna. I'm sure after a 10 hour flight we could come to some conclusion. With the F1 circus coming to NY/NJ in the next couple years it'd make for a fun overnight for you with the new route.

Take you up on that!

Clark was a master of the 60s.
I love the F1 cars of the 1960s. Also, loved the high-tech cars of the early 1990s.

My vote goes to Senna. I'm sure after a 10 hour flight we could come to some conclusion. With the F1 circus coming to NY/NJ in the next couple years it'd make for a fun overnight for you with the new route.

Sure is good to see the potential for 2 F1 races in the US!
I think the key would be layover for qualifying and come home and watch it on TV.

Latest resources

Back