Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Almerick07

Professional Surf Bum
Well I have been living in hawaii for a while now and have decided I pretty much dont want to leave. Ive got a good little time building day VFR job right now but lack multi-time and see no way to get it out here. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how i could score about 170 more multi time so I could get on with an inter-island operation to start working my way up the ladder out here. Any help would be appreciated......

Depends where in Hawaii... In Kona, I doubt you'll find much without multi time already. I kept seeing Mokulele advertising for Chieftain pilots, but they want 1000 multi. I think your best bet is to go CFI in HNL on the South Ramp. You'll find a number of opportunities there.

Going2Baja said:
Look into Ameriflight in Calif - build your multi and get back to IA in HNL.

Baja.

That's exactly what I had done. I flew VFR 135 in Hawaii, came back to the mainland to get multi time, and then went back with times.

I did the reverse - went to AI to build multi and then back to mainland and worked for SKYW. Hawaii flying was a blast!!

Baja.

yea, im on Kauai, there really isnt too much going on here except the gig ive got now. It sure would be great to find some rich dude who has a house on each island and a king air to get to them all...If anyone knows someone like that let me know. Anyone know how Island Air compares to a typical regional? I'm not too pumped about flying for a regional but I really really dont want to leave...or go back to the mainland.

Ia was great fun when I was there in the late 80's. There is a huge thread in the regional section on this forum. The pay is good, home every night, and new equipment - what else do you need? They used to have a morning sked and an afternoon sked - take your pick of dawn patrol or sunset session!

Good luck!

Baja.

I have the opposite problem and have 350 multi with only 760 total. I would love to move to Hawaii to build some time.........any suggestions?

Outdoors - with your Caravan time you might have a shot at a Caravan operator over there. Do some searchs or maybe one of the local HNL guys can help, as I forgot the name of the place.

Baja.

Latest resources

Back