• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hawaii Multi-time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pacific Wings flies Caravans, but the owner is an idiot from what people say.

Also, another Caravan outfit is Corporate Air flying Fedex feeder stuff from HNL. Another nice gig.

Well you guys sold me on Island Air, now Im on a mission to get 170 more multi hours which brings me back to the point of this thread...damn. Is IA pretty easy to commute to? I dont really want to live on oahu if I had the option...Kauai and Maui are tops on the list out here, Oahu is just too crowded for the point of being in Hawaii. If any of you Hawaiian (state, not the airline in particular) pilots come across a multi gig send me a message and I'll send some beer your way....a lot of beer

Typing this from my folks' time share in Kona. I think I'm going to give the IA thing a shot too: My plan is go back to New Hampshire and get the rest of my multi, apply, and see what happens. Guess that's about all I can do. Only difference between me and Al M. is that I'd live on Oahu (I'm avoiding commuting if at all possible, and that goes for any airline, any place.) Well, that, and I consider anything shorter than 9'0" that isn't a twin-fin fish devoid of a soul.

-Goose

Last edited:
freaking long board hippie....lol, I love my 6'3" Almerrick wouldnt trade it for the life of me (not even 170 hours of multi-time). I talked to some IA and Corporate Air guys just today in Lihue today and they are some cool guys, I really need to find a way to get some multi time out here...

Pretty much limited to doing the CFI thing for the twin time out here; check out particularly George's and FSH at HNL; I don't know if Alpine does the PFT thing anymore, hear they just laid off a bunch of guys, but might check them out, too, if you're willing to go that route. It's all at Honolulu, though; can't think of any good twin-time-building anywhere off island unless you have some kind of private hookup. Good luck.

Going2Baja said:
They used to have a morning sked and an afternoon sked - take your pick of dawn patrol or sunset session!
Or Reserve....hit the waves at 0830 when the dawn patrollers all have to get to work...cell phone dry bag and uniform in the van.....surf everyday, fly once a month!

someone convince skydive hawaii to ditch their caravan and go for a twotter...on another note, pretty killer surf on the South side of Kauai today (just reenforcing my desire to never leave)

Going2Baja said:
I did the reverse - went to AI to build multi and then back to mainland and worked for SKYW. Hawaii flying was a blast!!

Baja.
So you went to Andy Irons to build your multi. How'd that work?

First of all to everyone in this thread. Island Air is not IA (or AI for that matter). It's WP.

Second, merrick, if you're not 'pumped to fly at a regional', don't apply to WP. You'll just be pissed off when you get here. Try Alpine. Don't they have a 99 parked at LIH?

Third. Anyone that goes to PW to fly the van has done no research. Of course, anyone that goes to geaux jets or mesa has done no research or has no soul either. So what the heck. Give PW a try.

Finally. WP is not an easy commute. Unless you want to spend all of your whopping 1st year reserve FO pay on a place to live in LIH and a crashpad plus transportation in HNL, it's not a good idea.

Get your time on the mainland then try to come back. It's probably the quickest and easiest way.

IA was a fun four years. Yes I said IA (Island Air!) If I recall SKYW is OO in the computer and NO-ONE knows WTF you're talking about - ease up francis!!

Baja

thanks for your encouraging words of advice eye poker...Im just gonna pack up for the mainland and PFT until I hit AI mins...sound good everyone?

Latest resources

Back