• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have you been hired by ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am looking at Japan Airline, Singapore and UAE.
It's all about hiding your money, and not giving it to the government.

I guess.

Whatever the case, management needs to put out. We'll just have to see what happens.

The Sept lines were just icing on the cake. Has anybody heard from the company about the DEATH BENEFITS fiasco at ASA since it was brought to their attention OVER a week ago???????

The lines sucking?????? Sure, that seems to be the norm at most airlines....but the DEATH BENEFITS stuff right now is ridiculous.

Why has nothing been communicated to ALL of the employees about this????? Now ASA is messing around with all of our families well beings with this.

ASA management...what are you doing to fix this????

Has anybody heard from the company about the DEATH BENEFITS fiasco at ASA since it was brought to their attention OVER a week ago???????

Why has nothing been communicated to ALL of the employees about this????? Now ASA is messing around with all of our families well beings with this.

ASA management...what are you doing to fix this????

What did I miss? What change in Death Benefits?

Yes, you don't get anything when you die.
He who has the most toys and money when they die wins!!!!

Didn't know about a change until it was posted on here.

Outside of the leather jacket and ASA company issued thong, everything you are trying to sell could be used by pilots at other airlines. Black pants, white shirts, telex headset?????
quote]

You got issued a thong?!?! Man, I had to pay for everything. Those cheap bastards couldn't even splurge for a lanyard for my id. :)

Touche. Really the only pieces that I have that are ASA specific is the jacket and maybe the hat. So, come one and come all to the "please help me empty my closet sale". I can only wear one leather jacket at a time and I'm starting to get a collection of them. Great jacket, I just don't need three of them.

Good luck on moving on. It is a good thing.:D

I've just upgraded last month (after 5 yrs) and have flown with a couple newhires (8 months or less) that think ASA is a great airline. They (both of them) feel that ALPA did not present themselves well during indoc, and think that this company is treating them well. They didn't sit reserve but a month or two, are straight from flight schools, and have a bit of a chip on their shoulders.

Having said that, the rest have been outstanding. Good aviation skills, well prepared etc... Most are greatful for a job; yet, understand that this pilot group needs and deserves a new contract. The other two didn't seem to grasp that concept. They were flight instructors that know it all. Neither showed one sign of being humble. Oh well, sorry for the rant and the thread hijack.

I predict that junior FO attrition will be very high.

Most of these rich kids will not put up with ASA once they realize that the job is work.

On a Captain's salary, I can't afford the BMW 5-series my newhire FO drives.

Latest resources

Back