• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Have you been hired by ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't one of the reasons that ASA is tough to work at right now the fact that we are understaffed? If that's the case, why would you discourage people from applying...

Here's a newsflash for you. All airline management groups stink.

Here's a news flash for you.

The longer we are understaffed, the more motivated the dingbats in charge will be to bring a conclusion to the contract negotiations and the farse that it is.

The more people dont show for classes at ASA the better chance we have of them seeing the light.

The end game is now. The only way this will conclude is to hurt them in the pocket book.

The ASA pilots have carried this pathetic management group and everyone before them for too long. Subsidizing the lack of basic management skills by doing other peoples jobs in addition to ours.

The time is now to do our job, and only our job, and fly super safe.

Medeco

No seriously...don't come here. If you have any shred of self respect, apply to everywhere else(cept mabye mesa)
If you hate it so badly, why do you stay? It's only as bad as you make it. Every airline has it's problems.

If you hate it so badly, why do you stay? It's only as bad as you make it. Every airline has it's problems.

No, it's not only as bad as you make it.It's as bad as ASA management makes it. You can try to make it as good as you like, but ultimately it does suck, whether you want it to or not. You've talked about leaving yourself, so why not take your own advice?

I remember when Skip came to my November 2002 "Captain Leadership" class to tell us how we would be the highest paid regional pilots out there! His thinking was we would continue to attract the best pilots, or so he said. Then he took the money and bailed. ********************e!!
Fly safe- Rum

Safety...

Practice 100% safety 100% of the time-no favors. We would see a contract real soon!

Granted, I didn't disagree, I was just asking if someone hates a place so badly why do they stay. No one makes them come here and stay. I hated the Marines, I got out. I don't like mgmt, and hate Atlanta, and when I get my 1000 pic I am out of here also. I just bide my time until the day I can get out of ASA.
There are some good things at ASA, no mgmt isn't one of them.
I will leave when the time is right, but you never hear my bitch and cry about the company, just the ramp. hehe

Here's a news flash for you.

The longer we are understaffed, the more motivated the dingbats in charge will be to bring a conclusion to the contract negotiations and the farse that it is.

That depends on whether or not management thinks that this is the only reason they're not getting pilots. The 4 dollar first year pay raise that was negotiated isn't going to attract that many more pilots. And if management wanted more pilots so badly, they'd get rid of the sim check which washes out about half (or sometimes more) the guys that come for the interview. Most of which could probably pass training.

I don't disagree with you. I just question the logic behind it. I want great work rules and compensation, too. But that's got to come from more than just telling guys not to apply.

I don't know if ASA is still hiring but I would imagine that they are given the movement in the industry right now.

If you have been hired by ASA and are interested in saving some money on your uniform purchase, give me a call. After a somewhat brief stay at ASA, I have some items I'd like to sale. The items range from "good condition with some wear" to items that are still brand new.

PM me if you are interested and I'll send you a list of what I have. Items range from a Telex headset to leather jacket.

Outside of the leather jacket and ASA company issued thong, everything you are trying to sell could be used by pilots at other airlines. Black pants, white shirts, telex headset?????

As far as applying to ASA, I would recommend just about any other place right now. Go to SKW or Republic if you want ATL as a base. XJT is another place that comes to mind.

Management has made it quite clear that respect and appreciation is not part of the working relationship at ASA.

GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Position,
I totally agree with you there. Even if they made it standard. Each instructor is so different in their teachings, you don't know if you are coming or going.
Good point.

Latest resources

Back