• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hats: Yes or no?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

How do you feel about wearing uniform hats?

• Yes! Without it, we look like milkmen!

Votes: 68 27.8%
  • Sure, whatever

Votes: 36 14.7%
  • No opinion

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • They kinda suck

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Time to update the uniform: get rid of 'em!

Votes: 109 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here we go again! Is it me or has the last couple years - worth of FO's been getting more and more whiney? My gosh people! If it isn't crybabying about one thing it's another. What is so horrible about having to wear a hat? Does it weigh down your little I never worked hard in my life so I complain about everything pencil neck? Go find someone who doesn't make you wear a hat! I'll bet on your days off you spend an hour making yourself look good to go out and troll for chicks, but to spend 3 seconds putting a hat on and you cry over it? Grow the hell up and do what you get paid to do. If wearing a hat really puts a dent in your life perhaps you are not man enough to be a pilot.

Umm... if the hat goes I won't have any where to keep my cell phone, wallet, keys, etc. on my layover. Also, where can I keep the picture of my wife where I can easily show it? I'll be kind of lost for a while, but necessity is a mother! :D

HATZ

Hat = Pilot, No Hat = Flight Attendant. Simple really when you think about it. Have some pride people, the industry sucks now compared to even 10 years ago. Passengers look like sh!t sitting in first class now, we dont need to follow their lead.
My two pennies.
Thanx, Mung.

Don't forget the immeasurable benefit of having the foam ring to protect your bean from the overhead panel!

It really is not a big deal to have to wear the hat. One good thing about it is it keeps your head dry when you have to do walkarounds and board pax when its raining.

I fly for a no hat, leather jacket international carrier. I have noticed that people, especially crew members, point and laugh at us.

Once in Dubai, an immigrations officer wanted to know where our pilots were before we crossed into the secured area. He wasn't going to let us in without our pilots. When we explained we were the pilots, he didn't believe us. Even our ID's didn't seem to convince him we were the pilots.

I suppose we do look like a bunch of clowns to non Americans, who expect pilots to look like professionals.

Hats: Yes...

Axel said:
It's not about the hat. Your utter failure-likely your inability- to grasp the true point serves to emphasize it.

Exactly!

By the way, when did that greased up, sticking-straight-out-in-all-directions-like-you-just-got-out-of-bed look start passing for grooming?

(The transformation is now complete: I have turned into my own father)

Last edited:
My favorite is to watch the hat clowns out on the ramp trying to do a walk around in the wind. They spend so much time monitoring that goofy **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** hat that they obviously cant see $hit on the walk around. I say park the silly things because the travelling public identifies those hats as being worn by the sky caps not pilots.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back