Has it really come to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyBunny,

Your point is well taken. We have a couple of women pilots where I work. They are motivated, hard working, and good "sticks".

In the past, I've had to fly with women who definitely had that "feminazi" chip on their shoulder, and it was less than pleasant to work with them. I should mention here that I've also had the displeasure to have to fly with some "crusty" old male captains as well.

I think the problem of this issue is that, because of the relatively small number of female pilots, when one has the experience of flying with a "feminazi" or a "Bambi" fresh from the go-go cage, they standout glaringly from the rest of you. As opposed to the relatively large number of male pilots where the "few" jerks get lost in the crowd.

You're right it's not "fair", but life's not fair. Paris Hilton is a perfect example of how unfair life can really be. The best thing you can do is take aviatix's advice, be as professional as you can be, and don't play the gender card whenever it suits you. Though it's not fair to you, until the number of women pilots comes closer to the number of male pilots, it will continue to carry the "flavor" of being a "mens' club." Cultural changes take a long time, and they happen better when combatted with silent professional performance.

clansinclair said:
FlyBunny,

Your point is well taken. We have a couple of women pilots where I work. They are motivated, hard working, and good "sticks".

I

Are they hot?

capt. megadeth said:
I am still waiting for your answer as to why FedEx or UPS hasn't called me since it is so "easy" for me to get hired because I am a woman.
Send me some pictures, and I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and a resume, too. LOL ;)

Originally Posted by capt. megadeth

I am still waiting for your answer as to why FedEx or UPS hasn't called me since it is so "easy" for me to get hired because I am a woman.

Don't you have to have at least 3 internal recommendations before they'll even talk to you?

CommanderHoek said:
A buddy just told me that he met a chick at the MIA Aeroservice job fair and she has 800 total time, maybe 150 in King Airs, No college and No FE written or even an A&P. She was hired by Arrow on the DC8 as an FE. Asked to sign a two year contract, then was called by Kalitta to be an FE on the 747. Apparently they (Kalitta) told her she would be an FO in about six months. She is on her way to DEN to interview but because she will be hired initially as an FE, there will be no Sim. I am seriously having a hard time believeing all this. Either she is full of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, my friend is, or Arrow and Kalitta are really REALLY desperate. If any of this is true all you wannabes out there should start calling. I would say however that getting through a DC8/747 FE course is highly unlikey with such low time. What a crazy biz.

Haha, your buddy is full of dookie, or he is yanking your chain. There isn't even a training contract at Arrow. The responses that this has generated are hilarious, though.

Last edited:
Of my favorite FO's, say a "top five"
list, two are gals. Both are great pilots,
fun to hang out with after work and
deserve/d a shot at upgrade (one has),
but neither acted like I was in "their" seat.
Neither crossed any lines of er, "proper
decorum" shall we say. Both are highly
professional, yet will joke around with you.

Both of them put up with my warped, dark
humor...even laughed sometimes! Women the
world over have alot to learn from these two...

Sadly (as with some of the male fo's) this
is not always the case. In a situation as
lobsided as the ratio of males to females in
cockpit crewmember positions a few bad
ones really stand out and taint the expectations
from the others.

In my days as gear monkey/radio beeatch I sat
in the right seat for four female CA's. All
four had earned that extra stripe and have
moved on to better places...even the one
that walked away from aviation. I would climb
back into the right seat for any of them.

Again (and even more sadly) this is not always
the case.

I've been really lucky and I know it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back