• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has it really come to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew a short time at Ryan Int. and, while sitting in the hub in DAY spoke with a girl (21 years old) who had just graduated from Emery Riddle. She was an FE with all of 50 hours. Made me feel real old.;)

You guys need to stop b!tch!ng and dont HATE, CONGRATULATE. Yeah so the girl has only 800 TT and yeah maybe she might not get to far with her little experience. But lets wish her the best, we all know that when we had 800 hour we would've given anything to be on a 747. So stop acting like a bunch of A$$wh0l!es. Obviously she got the job because she had the right attitude and personality, and all of you cry babies didnt get it b/c you are a bunch of dics.

My point is being missed

Kalitta/Arrow fly to some very off the beaten path places. Now let's say she makes it through. she only has 150 hours in a Kig Air. Now, in the middle of the night in say Al Karaj or Lima or Quito, the airplane has some issues like fueling etc.. You are telling me that she or anyone with that low time will take care of the problem. I flew both the 8 and 74 classic and had 3000 when I flew the 8 and about 5000 when I flew the classic. I flew all over the place and let me tell you it was tough training and duty. I'd like to know where you were that people with 500 hours of time were hired as FE's cause that means they were S/O's. Domestic is one thing where you have MX support but on your own overseas is another thing. I wish this was going on when I was trying to come up. The best you could do was 300 hours, a FE turboprop written for a L188 FE job at Zantop.

Another thing I am wondering, with so many people on the street and so many regional pilot's, how come Kalitta/Arrow/Gemini/etc... are having so many problems finding crews. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** what a crazy business this is.

Ren

The reason Kalitta is hireing these people is because they can abuse,intimidate and threaten them with there jobs. Most of us with many years as frieght dogs won't take that $hit and they know it. Connie would also LOVE to get rid of the higher paid senior guys for the fly for food group. With all the serious mechanical failure's ( eg: 27 engines last year ) among other events and No accidents, Connie is lucky to have had the dedicated and experienced professionals working at Kalitta so far. If not for these crewmembers he would have been shut down a long time ago !

Last edited:
capt. megadeth said:
The United thing has to die already. Ok, so they had a lawsuit and had to hire a bunch of women. That's one airline. Some of you guys are going to milk that one until the day you die. I am still waiting for your answer as to why FedEx or UPS hasn't called me since it is so "easy" for me to get hired because I am a woman.

I can tell you that as for UPS, if you don't have an internal referral, it doesn't matter who you are, you aren't going to get called.

Low Time Folks!!!!!

It's kinda hard for me to fathom a person (irregardless of SEX & RACE) will be able to pass ground school as an FE(of a 747). Or if is able to, can trouble shoot or play an "Effective" part as a cockpit crew. After all I believe an FE is no doubt an INTEGRAL crew member in the cockpit.
Personally I would be kinda leery of his/her capabilities.

What do ya'll think?

P.S. I am just voicing my thoughts & not trying to hurt anybody's feelings!

What the lack of a college degree have to do with anything, it has nothing to do with flying an airplane, working a panel, or dispatching an airplane. According to Air Inc 172 out of 177 airlines interviewing do not require a college degree.

pilotyip said:
What the lack of a college degree have to do with anything, it has nothing to do with flying an airplane, working a panel, or dispatching an airplane. According to Air Inc 172 out of 177 airlines interviewing do not require a college degree.

I agree, some people go to college and obtain a degree in something they dont even care about! or even get a degree and never use it, they just obtain it b/c they think it will make them more comp. Unless you plan to do anything with that degree, its completely worthless. It's like going to get a type rating is the Concord just to make your resume look good.

I graduated with a girl last may with 500TT, and now she is sitting in a 2 year old lear. Umm...I have a ATP with 1650TT and cant even get a job!!! If you have 2 headlights, then your IN!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back