• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Has it really come to this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Iv'e had the pleasure of flying with both of the women at Kalitta ( one Capt and one an FO) and found them to be just as competent as there Male counterparts. I would be proud and honored to fly with them again if I hadn't quit working at this scumbag excuse for an Airline.;) Also many of the guys that came here from the majors are dropping like flies in the first year and the word is getting out that Kalitta is NOT the place to be unless your desperate. It's a great way to build heavy time and a great bunch of pilots to work with.

Kalitta has 2 women out of what? 170 crew members? Is that about 1 percent? Obviously some preferential hiring going on here! Must be all that pressure from the government!

hahaha.... oh man!

capt. megadeth said:
Well la de da! It's funny that us ladies supposedly have got it made in aviation. We don't need any experience, just good old affirmative action. If that's the case, let me ask you this.....why hasn't FedEx or UPS called me yet? I mean, I have only been applying there for the past 4 years. I exceed their mins so what is the deal? I put down that I am a female on the app. Come on, what's up? I mean, I think that they have a lot of white guys in current classes. What the heck? Why aren't they calling me? Maybe I am overqualified for a chick? Come on dude, enlighten me.

You haven't been called because you're not a former or current USAF, Marine, Navy or AG pilot.

I heard the cutie Mellisa furloughed from U Air is a Capt. at Kalitta. True ? definately a cute face to look at on those long trips...

DogBoy said:
I think that you are a little ignorant to say that women don't have an easier time getting hired at a lot of companies than men. While some companies may not practice it as much as others, some definately do. I know of a few instances where women have been hired at United with little or no turbine time at all. I have even seen if happen at the company that I work for.

The United thing has to die already. Ok, so they had a lawsuit and had to hire a bunch of women. That's one airline. Some of you guys are going to milk that one until the day you die. I am still waiting for your answer as to why FedEx or UPS hasn't called me since it is so "easy" for me to get hired because I am a woman.

tsky said:
I can't say that I blame the lady for taking the job, as I would do the same thing if I where in her shoes. I think that it is great that we live in a society where women and minorities have the same opportunities as everyone else.
However, I think that affirmitive action is sexist and racist in that the whole philosphy of affirmitive action is that since someone is a women or a minority, they are automatically less qualified and so they need more help than everyone else. Wouln't it be nice if flying qualifications were the only thing that prospective employers looked at and not sex and race?
Assuming this pilot candidate was hired with only 800 hrs total time which I highly doubt. Lets try to keep our eyes on the ball here. We are flying old worn out airplane to some of the most remote areas of the world. I have had many discussions with crewmembers about having s/o's and nobody is happy about it. PFE'S are worth there weight in gold in this type of operation. If the company did hire someone with low experience the candidate wont make it very far with the crews weather the person is male or female.

Exactly My Point

I cannot see ANYONE getting through a full FE program with such low experience unless you're an A&P/Military. I'm saying that I don't hear of anyone else getting hired at Kalitta with such low time otherwise EVERY REGIONAL GUY/GAL WOULD BE RUNNING OVER THERE, just for a chance to fly a 747. Something is certanly fishy I say. As far as Fed Ex and UPS are concerened, they are "REAL" airlines and EVERYONE must be qualified, plus know someone. I think she is getting hired because; a) Woman (not a lot at Kalitta) b) she is cute, c) she has such low experienec and NO DEGREE that Kalitta/Arrow figures if she makes it through, where is she gonna go. She has an opportunity to fly ATR's overseas and I have told my friend to tell her to go do that for a year then come back to Kalitta/Arrow.

CommanderHoek said:
I cannot see ANYONE getting through a full FE program with such low experience unless you're an A&P/Military. I'm saying that I don't hear of anyone else getting hired at Kalitta with such low time otherwise EVERY REGIONAL GUY/GAL WOULD BE RUNNING OVER THERE, just for a chance to fly a 747. Something is certanly fishy I say. As far as Fed Ex and UPS are concerened, they are "REAL" airlines and EVERYONE must be qualified, plus know someone. I think she is getting hired because; a) Woman (not a lot at Kalitta) b) she is cute, c) she has such low experienec and NO DEGREE that Kalitta/Arrow figures if she makes it through, where is she gonna go. She has an opportunity to fly ATR's overseas and I have told my friend to tell her to go do that for a year then come back to Kalitta/Arrow.

Why do you think 800 hours is not enough time to get a FE ticket. Years ago everyone in my FE class except me and an eagle guy had less than 500 hours. No A&Ps. Do you think Arrow, Kalitta or any other bottom feeder care about a degree? I really don't think that job line for the FE position at Arrow is full of qualified regional pilots, male or female.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back