Has anyone else ordered their H&K 40?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I.P. Freley said:
Strangely I just had this discussion with a friend today... he ordered and received his already, though I don't know when he PLACED the order.

I didn't fire his H&K but fired his new baby Glock (.40, don't know the model number)instead. It will obviously put a hole in anything it's aimed at, but even with the extended magazine my pinky is hanging in mid-air when firing it. Twice in only 30 rounds or so I inadvertently fired an additional shot at the range due to the way I had to hold it. He was also disappointed to have an misfeed in the Glock in his first two dozen rounds, but the thing is brand spanking-new and maybe it needed a few magazines to be fed through it to loosen it up.

Then again, I'm pretty sure he didn't like my S&W Sigma 9mm because of the heavy trigger...

How much, again, for this H&K deal? $479 or something like that?

I think the charge to my card was $527 with tax and shipping. Still cant beat that price and that included the night sights which I think runs about $125 after market.
I have the same problem with my brothers glock. It feels unbalaced since my pinky finger is just hanging there and it cause me too roll my wrist a little

You say "can't beat the price"...

So $527 is a good deal? There are a lot of deals on just about everything on guntrader.com (I might be wrong about the site name, it's been a while)... Wouldn't want to drop the dough and feel like a numbskull later when the same thing's available at a shop for less.

Looks like the list price for a .40 USP is $769, according to their US site.

Last edited:
Cover your posterior!!

Thedude said:
Has anyone else ordered their H&K 40 USP from the manufacturer, through the Flight Deck Security offer. I sent my order in about 4 weeks ago and my credit card was charged about 10 days ago. The dealer tells me he has not received the weapon but my credit card has been charged. I tried calling the number listed in the ad but her voice mail always seem to be full.
I am curious to see how long it typically takes from the time your card is charged until your weapon actually arrives at the dealer.

anyone...anyone....Buller..???

Thedude,

Be sure and put in a claim with your credit card company if you have not received the weapon before your next billing cycle.

Most people believe that by using a credit card, their liability for fraud is limited to $50 or $100 without a time limit for filing the claim (I sure did) but, I've recently read that some people have been denied refunds, especially on eBay, for something they charged but never received, because they waited over 30 days to file.

I don't know if this is carved in stone or only applies to certain credit cards or for that matter, if it's even true. But why take a chance, especially on such an expensive item. I suppose you could just read the fine print on your CC agreement if you've got a big enough magnifying glass. :rolleyes:

Good luck, I hope you get it soon, that's the next weapon I plan on buying.

I don't own a sig presently, but we used to have the Sig P220 as department issue, with a S&W Model 36 as a backup.

I always felt the P220 was just a little too large of a frame, and didn't care for it. I much preferred a 1911.

I don't own a metal Kahr, but have a P40, and like it just fine. It's slimmer and more concealable, as well as a whole lot lighter, than the steel version. If I were buying another, however, I believe I'd opt for the standard P9 instead of the P40. The trigger is great. Top it with a big dot XS sight (tritium), and go for a Robar NP3 internal finish.

I've shot the metal Kahrs, and liked them, but the weight difference for carry between the polymer and metal frames is significant. They all have good triggers.

Someone asked about concealed carry...the requirements are generally left to the person administering the course, with no specific range qualification values preset by the state. You'll do most of your shooting at 3 to five yards, with shooting out to 25 in some cases, out to fifteen in others. Some use metal targets, some standard targets...talk to your instructor to determine what he requires to meet the demands of his course.

The main thing is that you know your manual of arms, understand basic firarms safety, understand the law, show some common sense, and can control where your rounds go when you press the trigger.

Thedude said:
I am thinking about getting my conceal carry permit. As far as the range work goes how far away is the siloutte target supposed to be set and what are the parameters for a passing score on the "practical".

Depends on the state you live in. In some states, no shooting test is required....the ones that do have tests have various requirements.

Thedude said:
Hey FN FAL,
I am thinking about getting my conceal carry permit. As far as the range work goes how far away is the siloutte target supposed to be set and what are the parameters for a passing score on the "practical".
Hey Thedude :D

My mom just did a CCW course not to long ago, they did various distances. I think avbug said it best. It will be different from state to state...best to look up your state's CCW website, probably on the state.gov somewhere. I'll bet they have all that information there.

Good luck with your CCW, we don't have one here in WI, so I haven't done one yet. I did get certified on the PPC more than two decades ago, that was a lot of work.

dav8or said:
I've had my own recent failure of an HK. About a month ago I was firing my HK91 and it started recoiling hard. I looked at it and found that the stock had broke. Good thing I keep a full set of replacement parts for that POJ. By the way it was the first failure since I bought it 21 years ago.

Really? Those are good guns...I have a "Special Weapons" clone G-3, in post ban configuration. All HK parts, American made receiver. It's a gem, but it has a lot of recoil. I think once Vector starts making HK-51's, I might just send it to them and have it cut down into a 51 and put a muzzle brake on it.

Here is a picture of an HK-51... http://www.vectorarms.com/hk51 sml.gif

The picture is from Vector's website.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
Really? Those are good guns...I have a "Special Weapons" clone G-3, in post ban configuration. All HK parts, American made receiver. It's a gem, but it has a lot of recoil. I think once Vector starts making HK-51's, I might just send it to them and have it cut down into a 51 and put a muzzle brake on it.

Here is a picture of an HK-51... http://www.vectorarms.com/hk51%20sml.gif

The picture is from Vector's website.

That is short. I would want to fire one before I put down any money. Face to close to flash for me but cool looking.

The flash isn't going to hurt you; it's carbine length. Same as just about anything else. The "flash" is going the other way. What it is doing is sacrificing a lot of muzzle energy and velocity for a shorter barrel, which is always the case. If you're using it for close in work, which is the intent of the weapon, then not a big deal...you've already got more than enough muzzle energy to work with. If you're engaging targets at farther ranges, then this becomes a bit more of an issue, reducing both the potential inherent accuracy over distance, increasing bullet drop, and reducing effective range.

Basically a MP5 on drugs.

It would be a lot nicer, suppressed.

Anything .40 cal and up is pretty much blocky and heavy. It just depends on the season as to what "mode" of carry you can get away with. It also helps to be a hefty dude or just wear some blousy clothing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back