Has anyone else ordered their H&K 40?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yank McCobb said:
Oops. Sorry. Looks like I stumbled into the Billy Badass stroke-a-thon.

You fellers go right on rubbin' each other's rod and talking about how smooth it feels in yer hand.:rolleyes:

....and that is coming from someone with the handle---yank mccobb :)

Well, I guess with that I'm outta here. Beaten (no pun intended) at my own game. I'll go pick on less "formidable" prey over in the regionals forum.:)

I do like my USP but it stays in the bedside table. When punching holes in paper, or carry, it's one of my sig's. I have started to like the XD also. It's a 4" in 357sig and that thing rocks. I've run about a thousand through it without a burp. For the money (Except the ammo) you can't go wrong with the XD.

What do you think about the weight issue on the XD for carry? They seem blocky and heavy for a carry weapon.

Do you have a P220 or P226? Carry one of them for a day and then try the XD.

I've had my own recent failure of an HK. About a month ago I was firing my HK91 and it started recoiling hard. I looked at it and found that the stock had broke. Good thing I keep a full set of replacement parts for that POJ. By the way it was the first failure since I bought it 21 years ago.

I want a kahr K40 next. I know they are heavy but I still want one. Any comments on the Kahr?

Strangely I just had this discussion with a friend today... he ordered and received his already, though I don't know when he PLACED the order.

I didn't fire his H&K but fired his new baby Glock (.40, don't know the model number)instead. It will obviously put a hole in anything it's aimed at, but even with the extended magazine my pinky is hanging in mid-air when firing it. Twice in only 30 rounds or so I inadvertently fired an additional shot at the range due to the way I had to hold it. He was also disappointed to have an misfeed in the Glock in his first two dozen rounds, but the thing is brand spanking-new and maybe it needed a few magazines to be fed through it to loosen it up.

Then again, I'm pretty sure he didn't like my S&W Sigma 9mm because of the heavy trigger...

How much, again, for this H&K deal? $479 or something like that?

My other choice was the Walther P-5. I like it becuse it fits my hand better but since it went out of production about 2 yrs ago and the price has gone way up. I was about to buy one when one of my buddies sent me the offer for the H&K. Kinda hard to pass up such an offer. I look at it this way, even if I end up not liking it I can easily get my money back out of it.

Hey FN FAL,
I am thinking about getting my conceal carry permit. As far as the range work goes how far away is the siloutte target supposed to be set and what are the parameters for a passing score on the "practical".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back