Has anyone else ordered their H&K 40?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Thedude

Has anyone else ordered their H&K 40 USP from the manufactuer, through the Flight Deck Security offer.
I sent my order in about 4 weeks ago and my credit card was charged about 10 days ago. The dealer tells me he has not recieved the weapon but my credit card has been charged. I tried calling the number listed in the ad but her voice mail always seem to be full.
I am curious to see how long it typically takes from the time your card is charged untill your weapon actually arrives at the dealer.

anyone...anyone....Buller..???

Last edited:
Thedude said:
Has anyone else ordered their H&K 40 USP from the manufactuer, through the Flight Deck Security offer.
I sent my order in about 4 weeks ago and my credit card was charged about 10 days ago. The dealer tells me he has not recieved the weapon but my credit card has been charged. I tried calling the number listed in the ad but her voice mail always seem to be full.
I am curious to see how long it typically takes from the time your card is charged untill your weapon actually arrives at the dealer.

anyone...anyone....Buller..???

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12240

While you are waiting, you might want to check out this thread, apparently this dude's HK USP .40 Cal, blew up when he used the de-cocker to set the hammer down. Sounds like a weird story, but as an HK USP .40 Cal owner myself, thought you'd like to read it.

Here's a picture of a "blowed up" HK USP in .45 caliber.

http://webs.tconline.net/jasonk/kb2.jpg

Evidently, it was the result of an ammo problem (silver bear) and the importer bought the guy a new gun.

Notice the missing extractor and the broken frame just below the rear of the slide.

HK makes some of the finest weapons in the world. I don't think an armed professional alive today would disagree with that.

I don't think many, if any, would use junk russian ammo in their weapon, either.

Other than my AK, I don't put steel cases in my weapons, and I shoot quality ammunition. Cheap ammo is no bargain.

avbug said:
HK makes some of the finest weapons in the world. I don't think an armed professional alive today would disagree with that.

I don't think many, if any, would use junk russian ammo in their weapon, either.

Other than my AK, I don't put steel cases in my weapons, and I shoot quality ammunition. Cheap ammo is no bargain.
I have used several thousand rounds of the Bear in a pair of guns designed to take abuse. It's dirty and cheap and since these guns fire out of battery by design, I doubt I'll have any problems with this cheap stuff.

I know I will never run any cheap russian ammo through my handgun though. I have been using the Jewish made Samson ammo, with no problems.

I picked up some Bear 7.62x39 for the SKS, I doubt I will use anything but that in it.

Interesting comment made on that thread at UZI talk, was the one where the guy said that lead ammo causes buildups on HK USP pistols and that causes them to fire out of battery. Never heard of that before.

That's a headspacing issue, and the weapon shouldn't fire unless the barrel, slide and slide face is seated squarely.

In any case, who runs lead through their weapon? In a fully supported chamber I used to put thousands of rounds through a Berretta with my own reloads, and I did use hard cast lead. But in most of my weapons, including revolvers, I used jacketed ammunition. Anybody who shoots very much will quickly come to appreciate why.

avbug said:
That's a headspacing issue, and the weapon shouldn't fire unless the barrel, slide and slide face is seated squarely.

In any case, who runs lead through their weapon? In a fully supported chamber I used to put thousands of rounds through a Berretta with my own reloads, and I did use hard cast lead. But in most of my weapons, including revolvers, I used jacketed ammunition. Anybody who shoots very much will quickly come to appreciate why.
I got a lot of lead fouling with an AR-15 .22 rimfire conversion...don't use it much anymore.

When I reloaded .357, I used lead...but this was some pretty good stuff, I don't recall having much problems with that one fouling and I ran that stuff pretty hot out of a 6" barreled 586 S&W.

Yea...lead in auto loading pistol? I don't use it. I know when I trained on the S&W 9mm over 20 years ago, they used lead nose semi wadcutters. Those things keyholed all over the place. We also trained and qualified with our S&W Model 15's using full wadcutters...those were lead as well.

I'm pretty sure that they don't recommend using anything other than jacketed ammo in the H&K's Polygonal bore. It's not standard rifling.

I have done some transfers for a few pilots and they seemed to charge their card rather quickly and take about 1-2 months to ship it to me. But hey, you're getting a great LE rate, so no worries right?

Once they charge your card, the weapon is near delivery. Communication from H&K is horrible, but I suppose that's OK considering the price you're getting. They won't tell your dealer anything either. It will just show up one day- soon since you've been charged.

Oops. Sorry. Looks like I stumbled into the Billy Badass stroke-a-thon.

You fellers go right on rubbin' each other's rod and talking about how smooth it feels in yer hand.:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back