• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL neos in 2018?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is for the expected KOA-HND approval....

Pulling from the remaining 50 who already interviewed this winter. If the route does not materialize, those selected(6) will be told to prepare for the first new hire class that comes along( probably 2016? Is my guess)

Hope it works out. HAL has been after this slot for awhile now.... We would serve it as well as anyone.....

We also placed a person in a leadership role for the NEO arrivals... They can't get here soon enough.... Alaskan has had too much lead time to develop their route structure... We need to catch up.

Add the Virgin article this week also with the same plane, but sooner deliveries to beat us also!
Come on 321! Maybe we get lucky and lease some early like the 330?

I heard the planes delivered this year will be the curent engine option plane with sharklets, not the A321NEO that we plan on using.

No 321NEOs are schedule before the end of 2017. The planes this year are more 330s.

Only 9 767's left on the property right now with the last 3 of the A330's arriving this year. No clue on the 767 retirement timeline but supposedly plus 1 on aircraft growth this year.

Can't really see the A321NEOs replace 717's even with direct flights to outer island flights. What they will do is help reallocate the A330's from flying West Coast Flying and expanding service to longer range flights either Asia or Conus.

2018-2022 expansion will be interesting to see how they use all of the A321neos.

Everything I've read about the current A321 (never flown one) is that the wing is too small and it's a pig. Same wing as 319/320 if I'm not mistaken.

Granted the A321neo will have more thrust than the current A321, but does anyone know if the wing will be redesigned on the A321neo? I haven't been able to find this on my own.

Mahalo HAL pilots:

I hope those NEO's really wow-em. HAL seems like a wonderful job. Are you planning on addressing the low first yr pay in the next contract? I wouldn't mind working there but it seems very difficult either moving or commuting to the highest cost of living city in the US. On the same note, how do most pilots do it?

Thanks

Mahalo HAL pilots:

I hope those NEO's really wow-em. HAL seems like a wonderful job. Are you planning on addressing the low first yr pay in the next contract? I wouldn't mind working there but it seems very difficult either moving or commuting to the highest cost of living city in the US. On the same note, how do most pilots do it?

Thanks

Have had plenty of conversations about the upcoming contract with other pilots.... Honestly first year pay has never come up.... Not saying it shouldn't be raised, but IMO it's more of a " we did it and you can too"

I did it with a non working wife, kid in preschool$$, a mortgage payment in Hawaii, and all the student loans, car payments that went along with a previous $100k/ yr job before taking that first year pay hit.....plus my wife refused to eliminate her IPhone, cable, or anything else... ( whole different story I could talk hours about!!!)

I burned through every cent I had, with maybe 2 months of $$ left before we would have been totally broke... In 2 months we would have been upside down.... Luckily it worked out with a plan and a budget...

It can be done...just have a plan ....commuting first year, reducing bills, getting a personal loan, selling a high priced house if ya have one... It's a really easy job if ya figure out how to make it through year 1...

Latest resources

Back