• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL neos in 2018?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They'll be parking the 767's, and who knows how it will affect the 717 flying. If the NEO's pick up peak interisland flying prior to the transpac leg, you can plan on a bunch of 717's being parked. Also, with interisland demand dropping as we implement outerisland flying to the west coast, I would plan on staffing on a dedicated interisland aircraft to be drastically cut. There will be growth, but not the degree that people are talking about.

Numerically, when all is done we will have more 330s then 767s. The plan has always been to park the 767s so I don't think they count in this instance. Also, the 330s came faster than the 767s were retired so that staffing is already complete.

The fleet plans show all the NEOs as growth. I agree they will take some flying from the 717s but I don't see a significant reduction. Plus there are 6 growth 330NEOs coming in the middle of the 321NEO expansion.

I agree there will be some cuts in the dedicated interisland aircraft/staffing but I don't think it will be drastic. the FAR 117 rules won't allow much more than two interisland flights for the 321s prior to heading off to the mainland. And with the idea of outer-island to mainland flights, the inbound interisland legs will still need a return. The timing would be very difficult without the 717s in the mix.

Only time will tell what actually happens and there is not much we can do about fleet plans. But we can do something about our contract and that is where we need to work this problem.

Based on all the charts/propaganda we were shown.... The fleet plan called for something around 70 a/c when all said and done in 2020... ( exact numbers are 2 years removed from my memory)

That is roughly between 840-920 pilots.... We have 620ish on property now..

Anyone on the list by 2012 should either be a narrow body jr. Captain or a senior widebody 330 FO...

I am with Jim, the contract is key... Min daily rig will add the need for more pilots. Pay and QOL increases will make being a long term widebody FO more of an option.

I'd love to be a Captain quick, but pay me close to narrow body Captain pay while doing choice trips on the 330... And I'd have something to think about...

We don't want any new planes with HAL in the cockpit....looked what he did in 2001!!!

My motto is NO AI in aircraft cockpits!!!

HAL was the AI (Artificial Intelligence) computer that was designed to "assist" the astronauts in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. HAL instead tried to kill the astronauts, which is similar to "assisting", but different.

Lately, there have been a lot of concerns about AI, and what happens when machines get smarter than humans.

On a similar note: I read that in about 45 years you will able to have sex with a "robot"...the kicker is you won't be able to tell the difference from the real thing...civil rights questions and the right to marry problems will follow...

HAL was the AI (Artificial Intelligence) computer that was designed to "assist" the astronauts in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey. HAL instead tried to kill the astronauts, which is similar to "assisting", but different.

Lately, there have been a lot of concerns about AI, and what happens when machines get smarter than humans.

On a similar note: I read that in about 45 years you will able to have sex with a "robot"...the kicker is you won't be able to tell the difference from the real thing...civil rights questions and the right to marry problems will follow...

Interesting thread drift:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back