• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

HAL hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wave, I was expecting a rational post on the dangers of union vigilantism, not a threat about seeing what we got!

It's my unrealized motorcycle gang member soul that gets curious-
Gets channeled when I realize how soft the airline life is:)
;)
Just have to laugh at threats from any pilot. But don't worry - I'm a dad, I'd laugh at myself too if I'd written that;)

Are you high?!? Let them negotiate a crappy contract, then recall them? Talk about a waste of time considering the last contract was sent out for ratification how many years past the amendable date?

Why recall the MEC? How many mid contract LOAs have been signed? Now how many of them had any gains for the pilot group? Now how many benefited the company? The lounge the pilots spoke very adamantly against. The NEO agreement which netted us ZERO gains (not even any no cost items) while even the flight attendants negotiated themselves furlough protection & segment limits to protect interisland flying. Oh yeah, the premium instructor rates for 717 instructors which gave our nc chairman a huge leg up when he transitioned to fleet captain a mere few months after negotiating himself a pay raise. You mention dal. They just negotiated (mid contract) a rig increase to deal with far 117. What did we get? Buffers, & a secondary line assignment program helping the company to dump open time & manipulate reserve coverage. Am I missing anything else? Oh yeah, flica. We finally got flica 4 years after it was guaranteed in our contract, and 3 years after the flight attendants were using it. Are these the guys you want negotiating our next contract? Seriously? Not me. No agenda, other than trying to get the contract we deserve considering the position we're in.

Guys despite what I said, I'm keeping an open mind. A lot has to do with who steps up to fill the void created by a recall. We have a hard enough time as it is getting people to step up to the plate. I'm all for getting the best contract we can, we can afford it. This has the potential of being very divisive is all I'm saying. If this "new" MEC can represent the wishes of the pilot group accurately and get us a better contract, great. But if it wants to proceed in a fashion best described by the perspective of a certain JM we will have a grossly ineffective union is my concern.

I think the group is disappointed in one person more so than the others. There does appear to be inappropriate spending of union funds.

I have decided to bet 1.95% of my salary and no raises for a few years on my opinion VX and HAL are getting together. There are many reasons I believe this, but the most recent was VX retweeting HAL tweets and the fact HAL came to VX hq to celebrate Lei Day. I will probably get berated with negativity, but whatever. When was HAL's 321 order announced?

Sounds as plausible as any

Do you guys have a union drive going?

I just heard from a pretty reliable management source that SWA is seriously looking at HAL. Things should start happening next year after ATN is all wrapped up. He said hang in there, things will go better next time.

I just heard from a pretty reliable management source that SWA is seriously looking at HAL. Things should start happening next year after ATN is all wrapped up. He said hang in there, things will go better next time.

Apparently someone decided to skim - not read - the previous 13 pages.

:rolleyes:

HAL

Just sharing what I heard, thought you might be interested.

So far this year I've heard Hawaiian will be bought or merged with:
- Delta
- SWA
- Alaska
- Jet Blue
- Virgin America
- AA

Of course I've heard the majority of these every years since I came back from furlough in early 2008.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back