HA pilots approve TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HAL

It looks like we passed the TA with a roughly 83% yes vote. Signing (and our initial raise) should happen within a few days.

For those who may have heard (and are waiting in the pool), there was another vacancy bid out yesterday, but no new positions. This one just adjusted a few spots and accounted for a couple of retirements. Hopefully now that the TA is passed we can get on with actually running an airline, expanding, and hiring.

HAL

When you get a chance, would you mind posting up some bullet points listing the gains you guys were able to attain? Looks like a good majority of your pilot group thought it was a decent deal. Congrats on getting a deal.

Pay: 767/A330 same rate: DOS = 6.1%, 14 months later = 6%, 14 months later = 4.5%, 14 months later = 2%, 14 months later = 2%.​

717 increases = 4%, 3.75%, 3%, 2%, 2%. Smaller increases for 717 because they were already closer to industry leading than widebody pilots. No change in landing credits for interisland pilots.​

Current 12th year 767 Captain rate = $169.41, ending (5 yr. 8 mo. later) = $207.13
Current 12th year 717 Captain rate = $150.59, ending = $174.11​

Changes current Group B retirement plan (under age 50 as of 1/1/07) to better fund 401k plan as time goes on instead of larger payments close to retirement age.​

Profit sharing: 5% of pre-tax profit.​

Scheduling: Allows option of reducing minimum days off from current 0 or 2 days, to 0, 1, 2, or 3. Allows company to flex min/max monthly schedule up or down by 5 hours for up to 6 months per year. If flex hours go down by 5 (to a 70 hour line), minimum pay remains 75 hours. Company will establish an online trip trade/drop program.​

Training Freeze: If you have to take a long-course training (i.e. switch to an aircraft you haven't flown in three years) you are locked into that aircraft for two years, or three years if it is an aircraft new to Hawaiian (A330).​

Deadhead: DH's now paid at 100% & credited at 50%, instead of old 100%/100%.​

Retiree health care: Pilots hired after new contract is signed must have 10 years of service or retire at age 65 to earn retiree health care benefits.​

Scope: Allow Company to acquire or code share with turboprop (up to 69 seats – Dash 8/ATR 42 or equivalent) passenger operator within the Hawaiian Islands but not through Honolulu.​
Restrictions include a minimum number of 717 hours needed to be flown, and no furlough or downgrade due to feeder operation. Feeder allows for 717s to be freed up to fly more lucrative main-line operations. Feeder also provides feed to OGG -- mainland flights, providing stability and potential growth in those markets.
Co. given ability to establish/operate ATR’s in pure cargo operation (including HNL).

Long-Range flight crews:
Extended range flights will be defined as flights in excess of 12 hours and will be staffed w/ extended range crew.
Extended Range Crew – Consists of 4 person flight crew:
o 1 Captain – $5 override
o 1 Type rated First Officer – 15% hourly pay premium
o 2 Additional First Officers – $3 override

HAL

Thanks, HAL! You come thru yet again. Your hard work at updating us all promptly is truly APPRECIATED.

JB

Deadhead: DH's now paid at 100% & credited at 50%, instead of old 100%/100%.​

Forgive my ignorance, but would somebody be able to explain to me exactly what this means?

All in all, it looks to this uneducated outsider like a quality contract. I'm sure you fine folks fought hard for it. Congratulations, especially on the scope notes. It's only a matter of time before the next uneducated, coke-addled regional CEO decides it's time to hop over and poison the waters.

Forgive my ignorance, but would somebody be able to explain to me exactly what this means?
When they build the pairings for a month, there are some deadhead legs in a few of the trips. Also, when needed, the company may deadhead pilots to another base if recalled for a trip. In the past, that deadhead leg was paid the same as a regular working leg, and that flight time also credited toward the monthly minimum/maximum just as any other working leg. In the new contract a pairing will pay the pilot for the full time of the deadhead, but the credit toward building the minimum/maximum hours for the month will be only 50% of the time of that deadhead. That way, the company can build lines for pilots that are more efficient (more actual flying, instead of being taken up with deadheads), yet the pilots still get paid for that time in the passenger seat.

HAL

I would love to work there! But there is one guy that flys for HA that I just really feel sorry for you guys having to work with him!

I would love to work there! But there is one guy that flys for HA that I just really feel sorry for you guys having to work with him!
Name? Initials? Most of our guys are great, but of course there are always a couple at any airline that are horrible to fly with.

HAL

Congrats to the HA pilots. Seems like an upgrade to your current contract. Good news.

Latest resources

Back