• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Guppy killer sticker?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The best thing coming from the Skywest pilot group though is calling a Brasilia a "Bro."
I prefer "BroZilla", thank you.

So, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they're reading some overly-dramatic high school girl's diary when they read threads like this?

"Like, OMG, can you believe the sticker on her backpack? You know, the one that says she slept with my boyfirend? What a whore. Like, I can't believe that...I am sooo going to stomp her after school."

Want to be taken seriously as professionals? You can start by growing up a little and not worrying about the one guy at whatever airline who has a sticker on his flight case. Sure, the sticker is classless...but does it make you any classier when you detain the offender and threaten to kick his arse?

People like this are one of those things that, if you ignore them, and they go away. I know...I was once a professional Yuk-Monkey*. We pick and push the limit 'til no one pays attention anymore. Then we move on.

Of course, you guys won't ignore it...you're all pilots; whining and complaining about stupid crap is just in your nature.

No... it's not.
OK, for someone that enjoys being paid from the moment he steps on the property to the moment he leaves and doesn't have to worry about the ridiculous math you people have to do to make sure your paycheck is right...can someone please explain to me how the SKW -700/-900 override "isn't the same"? I'm at least fairly certain what Caspian27 means is that, at the end of the day, his check (including the override) comes out to more than an RAH F/O. So, do explain...

* Yuk-Monkey - that one ridiculous guy on the AM drive radio show you listen to on the way to the airport that does and says just about anything for a laugh.

Last edited:
The best thing coming from the Skywest pilot group though is calling a Brasilia a "Bro." I still can't figure out the phonetics behind that. I guess "Hooked on Phonics" didn't work for me.

It all came from the Hawaiian Chamorros. They started calling each other "Bra" instead of "Bro"...
And there you have it.

Next question.

I've never seen the sticker, nor have I ever heard of anyone (other than mainline) refer to the 170 as a "guppy killer." Anyway...isn't the 190/195 more of a "guppy killer" than the 170?

If anyone here ever did refer to the airplane as "guppy killer" with a sense of pride then please refer to the "sock full of pennies" comment made earlier.

OK, for someone that enjoys being paid from the moment he steps on the property to the moment he leaves and doesn't have to worry about the ridiculous math you people have to do to make sure your paycheck is right...can someone please explain to me how the SKW -700/-900 override "isn't the same"?

The override only applies to block time. Any soft time from vacation, cancellations, training, etc... only gets paid at the base 50-seat rate. A guy at ASA on the 70-seater gets paid all of his credit time at the 70-hour rate instead of just the block time. It adds up to quite a bit of difference.

The override only applies to block time. Any soft time from vacation, cancellations, training, etc... only gets paid at the base 50-seat rate. A guy at ASA on the 70-seater gets paid all of his credit time at the 70-hour rate instead of just the block time. It adds up to quite a bit of difference.
Gotcha...thanks

Instead of beating up RAH dorks this UAL guy needs to send his punches towards the idiots that gave up scope in the first place. Just look for the "scope killer" stickers.......

Yeah I got a Guppy Killer sticker on my bag.. I have a bunch of extras. PM me if you want me to hook you up with one.

No because we get paid about the same to fly the 70 as everyone else. Yes it's an override, but in the end it equates to the same thing.

Republic - SkyWest 70 seat FO pay:
1- $23 $22
2- $31 $37
3- $36 $39
4- $37 $40
5- $37 $41
6- $37 $43
7- $37 $44

God almighty do those numbers make me cringe. Oh well at least the age old solution will always work: :erm:
"Don't worry dude, you'll upgrade in two years!"

OK, for someone that enjoys being paid from the moment he steps on the property to the moment he leaves and doesn't have to worry about the ridiculous math you people have to do to make sure your paycheck is right...can someone please explain to me how the SKW -700/-900 override "isn't the same"? I'm at least fairly certain what Caspian27 means is that, at the end of the day, his check (including the override) comes out to more than an RAH F/O. So, do explain...

Like PCL 128 said, the difference lies in training events and other "soft time". A SKW pilot who flies only the 700 would be paid the 200 payrate when deadheading, sitting in training, collecting min duty pay on a scheduled day of overnighting or something along those lines (the benefits of the "contract").

So it's not the same. The pilots who are working with the subpar wages may justify it how they wish, but it's not the same. I have some friends at SKW and the ones on here saying "it's the same" are the 5%ers you see everywhere (though at SKW I'm afraid it's more like 50%! eek!) They need to be reminded that a little humility is a very good thing, because nobody stays at the "top" of the regionals for long. They're developing the 2004-05 XJT ego, and look where they have ended up....

Yet SKYW 50 seat rates are still higher than Republic 70 seat rates and they're ALPO right?

You have to get beyond just black and white and see the whole picture. But since you have never worked for SKYW, you'll never understand. (Actually you don't want to understand because you have a closed mind)

If I really cared about trying to justify it to you, I would....But trying to talk to any ex-Gulfstream PFT pukes is useless.

So go get back on your MD-95 that you fly for lower rates than the other carrier in the states, and quit spewing your crap on here!

Latest resources

Back