• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream V/550 positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....seriously, most of them are "word of mouth". You never see them because they are transparent.

Which is both good and bad. Hiring by in-house reference only almost always assures you're not gonna hire a turd....but it also leaves alot of good people sidelined forever.

Less than a year after the closing or downsizing of: Ford, GM, BoA, Wachovia, etc.--Big G operators and those guys didn't just fade away.

Lots of people with lots of corporate experience who need jobs.

TC

On a positive note, Peabody Energy is adverstising for a G550 captain. Don't know if it has been filled. Also, Gulfstream is looking for a demo pilot for the 550 to attend airshows, give rides to prospective customers, etc. You got to like to be away from home alot for that job.

I am on a V and when ever we are looking for a pilot we dont really advertise. For us 91 operators or at least for our operation, when ever we are looking for a pilot we have already guys that we know we want to hire.

I am sure that is true for alot of operators, but most big companies with HR departments require a strict procedure for hiring. First, advertise within the company. Like anyone would be qualified anyway to fly a GV sitting behind a desk somewhere. Then after a proscribed time period the job is put out there for public consumption. Usually we as the flight department put the word out, but it eventually gets on all the pay for jobs advertising sites. We usually have a guy or two in mind before this whole process starts, but you must cross all T's and dot all I's if HR is to sign off on the new hire. My original question had nothing to do with a job search, I just wanted to know if they state of hiring in the Gulfstream is beginning to improve.

You gotta believe that as the economy gets better so will the Av jobs. But (and there is always a but), like the stock market, it may never quite get back up to where it was in the glory days. or maybe it will. who knows. A lot of uncertainty out there, can't ya tell?

fido--Well, when zero-timers can go buy a GV type and get contract work, THEN the market will be back.

;)
TC

fido--Well, when zero-timers can go buy a GV type and get contract work, THEN the market will be back.

;)
TC

And I think that is a long time away, unfortunately ...

TransMach

Latest resources

Back