• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Gulfstream V/550 positions

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Total Time
10000+
Not that I am really looking for a new gig, but I have noticed there isn't much advertising for the V types. I have seen some Global jobs and quite a few smaller jet positions offered in various job sites, but Gulfstream jobs are pretty rare. Anyone seen any different? Hopefully things will turn around with the recent upturn in stock prices.

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
Not that I am really looking for a new gig, but I have noticed there isn't much advertising for the V types. I have seen some Global jobs and quite a few smaller jet positions offered in various job sites, but Gulfstream jobs are pretty rare. Anyone seen any different? Hopefully things will turn around with the recent upturn in stock prices.

Well, thats because us Grumman pilots are very special, the best of the best. We wont ever leave this beautiful bird to fly any little jet around.......

Or maybe, just maybe, its because there have been a record number of layoffs and manufacturers aren't selling any F'n aircraft?

You can buy a GV for 22mil today, that's what the market is. Just please, don't have anything to trade in.

Stocks have come back 4000 points. Airplane market still deep in the toilet, and from what I have heard will be for a few years....but I suppose that's anybodys guess?

Hiring? I have heard of a little here and there, but not many GOOD jobs, thats for sure...

Fly91

Registered Pilot
Total Time
lots
My buddy is hopefully selling an American based GV to some guy in Spain....so that will open up 5 spots...but its gonna be based in Spain. Word is they're gonna type 5 new guys.

G4G5

Total Time
8500+
I just spoke to the slurpee guy at the 7-11 and he just turned down a new 7X job. He still hopes that one day he can fly a Gv, I told him to take the 7x job.

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
I just spoke to the slurpee guy at the 7-11 and he just turned down a new 7X job. He still hopes that one day he can fly a Gv, I told him to take the 7x job.

Sound advice!

7X? c'mon...He was certainly not ready to join the elite G-whiz club.

Let him fly some Frog junk around. Wont see him at FL510 anytime soon.

:)

gulfstreameric

Total Time
enough
they are up to load 8 now on the 7X,
seems they keep finding things the Falcon people forgot to install as pilots find out the missing items ....

Just a little MORE downtime to complete the installation to augment the dispatch reliability of that French bird ...

G4G5

Total Time
8500+
"they are up to load 8 now on the 7x"

Load and 7x in the same sentence, seems so fitting, finally someone got it right.

ruhroa

Total Time
8300++
so back to the original question..................... please?

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
so back to the original question..................... please?

which was?

....seriously, most of them are "word of mouth". You never see them because they are transparent. Hopefully, as the economy normalizes there will be more opportunity.

Last edited:

ruhroa

Total Time
8300++
:) yeah it seems that way ............. not looking at this time but it is always smart to keep a good eye on whats going on around you.........

Fly91

Registered Pilot
Total Time
lots
....seriously, most of them are "word of mouth". You never see them because they are transparent.

Which is both good and bad. Hiring by in-house reference only almost always assures you're not gonna hire a turd....but it also leaves alot of good people sidelined forever.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Less than a year after the closing or downsizing of: Ford, GM, BoA, Wachovia, etc.--Big G operators and those guys didn't just fade away.

Lots of people with lots of corporate experience who need jobs.

TC

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Total Time
10000+
On a positive note, Peabody Energy is adverstising for a G550 captain. Don't know if it has been filled. Also, Gulfstream is looking for a demo pilot for the 550 to attend airshows, give rides to prospective customers, etc. You got to like to be away from home alot for that job.

G3G4

Total Time
I am on a V and when ever we are looking for a pilot we dont really advertise. For us 91 operators or at least for our operation, when ever we are looking for a pilot we have already guys that we know we want to hire.

Jetdriver69

High Speed, Low Drag
Total Time
10000+
I am sure that is true for alot of operators, but most big companies with HR departments require a strict procedure for hiring. First, advertise within the company. Like anyone would be qualified anyway to fly a GV sitting behind a desk somewhere. Then after a proscribed time period the job is put out there for public consumption. Usually we as the flight department put the word out, but it eventually gets on all the pay for jobs advertising sites. We usually have a guy or two in mind before this whole process starts, but you must cross all T's and dot all I's if HR is to sign off on the new hire. My original question had nothing to do with a job search, I just wanted to know if they state of hiring in the Gulfstream is beginning to improve.

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Total Time
11K+
You gotta believe that as the economy gets better so will the Av jobs. But (and there is always a but), like the stock market, it may never quite get back up to where it was in the glory days. or maybe it will. who knows. A lot of uncertainty out there, can't ya tell?

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
fido--Well, when zero-timers can go buy a GV type and get contract work, THEN the market will be back.

;)
TC

TransMach

Total Time
>12K
fido--Well, when zero-timers can go buy a GV type and get contract work, THEN the market will be back.

;)
TC

And I think that is a long time away, unfortunately ...

TransMach