Gulfstream Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ghostrider64 said:
My crystal ball says that we will accept a very generous offer that resembles the same wage structure at NJI to drop the single carrier fight.

:eek: WHAT DID YOU SAY!

With your new contract, you guys make more than us now! How much more do you want............

Oh my Gosh Dude, Gimme Gimme Gimme.... You sound like my 1st Grader. With that attitude, you wont have a company to work for in the long run.

Mountain Troll said:
This, folks, is life, sometimes it sucks. Nobody ever has any guarantee except death.

Well said. It's what I've realized, and basically the reason behind this entire post anyway (which has Thread Creap written all over it, as this portion belongs on the Frac Board, not the Corporate Board where I asked a Corp. Question!).

NJI pilots with the education, social skills, and the experience (did I mention I'm typed in the IV and V :cool: ) should be able to land on their feet if they so choose to seek employment elsewhere.

Or this pilot might just do what he always wanted too. Open an authenic Irish Pub. Already got the name,

Shamish O'Shea's

WHAT DID YOU SAY!

With your new contract, you guys make more than us now! How much more do you want............

Oh my Gosh Dude, Gimme Gimme Gimme.... You sound like my 1st Grader. With that attitude, you wont have a company to work for in the long run.

Yup we want more... Like any good employee we want to keep climbing to the top.

The line of the company can't afford it is BS. They have operated just fine.... even with a profit.. under the new contract.

If you don't move forward you'll be run over.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Need Advice From Gulfstream Pilots

Here is my situation been with the corporation as a Learjet 35 Captain for a few years and have over 9000 hours and over 6000 jet and over 3000 jet PIC the company has always said that they promote from within. Now they add a GIV and want to hire the captain and FO off the street. Easier to get a guy to fly a GIV than a Lear 35 they gave me a $10,000 pay raise to keep my mouth shut and stay on the Lear 35. Would you stay flying a Lear 35 at $85,000 or walk. By the way I have 125 hours GIV SIC time and no GIV type rating.

n5374f said:
Would you stay flying a Lear 35 at $85,000 or walk.

Thats the million $$ question called life. On one hand you have to ask yourself, "Am I happy where I am, and is 85K more than enough to live on?" And on the other hand, "Do I need a more secure job with better $$ and better benefits?"

Most of us ex-airline guys will tell you the field might look greener on the other farm, but thats because its sitting on top of a septic tank!

You know deep down what is best for you....

Wolf be discreet and tell me what the base pay of an 8 Year capt at NJI really is? My guess is it's a bit more than $96,750....Not to mention fly from anywhere you choose to go to work and return anywhere you choose to return. Therefore RTS as a lot of things he can wiggle on to get us to drop the SINGLE CARRIER petition. There are certainly more things than what I've mentioned.

As for the VSL I see that as completely fair and equitable. The ratio thing I see as harmful. But to also be fair the only guarantee should be that everyone keeps their present positions and nothing more. Everything after that is a bid. My biggest concern for you guys would be the HBA system, because unless you can talk RTS into giving "everyone" your system you would fall under ours, which sux.

I am looking for someone G450 qualified or IV or V for a managed aircraft. Considerable time away from US and home. At least 400 to 500 in one of above. Unique situation for the right person.

PM me of interest.

Thanks to those of you who responded or had friends respond. This will be a good opportunity for the right person.

Latest resources

Back