Gulfstream Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ghostrider64 said:
The only good brew in this country is up in the Northwest where microbrews are more prevalent than Starbucks:) And

Your right about that! I'll take a Fat Tire over a Sam Adams... Its a no brainer.

American Wine and Beer have come a long way in the last 15 years. I'll put Sonoma and Seattle up against the Bordo and Munich anyday.

Merry Christmas

Wolf Pack, I would urge you to stay at NJI. I recently had a lengthy conversation with a labor lawyer, and he was of the opinion that the IBT will have no case, because the snapshot in two years will show separate operations.
This is not intended to fire anyone up about union issues at NetJets, but rather a recounting what a labor lawyer said to me. NJI is such a good place, I worry when anyone leaves!
Good luck, whatever you decide.

To go back to the original question, this is a market driven deal like most everything. A Fortune 500 may do all the things GV Flyer mentioned, but, many others would only make moderate allowances.
One of the big changes is that more and more aircraft are managed by management companies, both 91 and 135, and hence the relationship with the flight crew changes.

Fat tire... just fat seattle chicks.

I'll take a boston brew any day. Munchen is by far my favorite place.

The west coast is nothing but fruits and berries. What do they know about beers? Nada

Dude you only think chicks in Seattle are Fat because they were a lot of layers of fleece. But I'm here to tell you that the thinness and wonderful skin really comes through when you peel the clothes away:)

BTW If I might suggest you try a Black Butte Porter someday. No fruit and berry just good grog...

Archers Ale, brewed by the "Sherwood Forest Brewers, LTD". Yeah I know the name is goofy, but oh my.....

thats some good beer.

As for my job, I love NetJets, I have great friends on "BOTH" sides of this deal. I dont wish anything but the best for everyone. But I also know unions, inside and out. And when you have no real input into your future... your just along for the ride.

So yes, Im keeping my options open, my ears to the ground, and I make it a point to never piss anybody off (too much:rolleyes: ).

I cant afford to start over again, so I'll do what I think is in the best interest of my family. Meanwhile, I'll keep preflighting and coffee pouring for the man... with a smile on my face I may add! Im on one of those "really cool" trips right now.

I would just take the job, and enjoy the stability of a good long term company that will keep you, instead of cycling through airplanes, and hence pilots

G4Dude you might want to ask your labor lawyer friend what it means when the company you work for creates a VIRTUAL SENIORITY LIST that is published based on the hiring date of each pilot at their respective branch of the same company.

Because my friend, that list was just agreed to by Netjets Corporate in the past couple of days.

One more hurdle jumped towards single carrier out of the way.

Seat grab. It's happening. TC

virtual senority list is not a seat grab. It ensures that those that want to stay in the seat get to stay in the seat.

Latest resources

Back