• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But it does not protect someone that was hired at NJI the ability to upgrade in the G-IV, it only protects you in the seat that you are in now. So an FO that wants to upgrade into the G-IV might never get that chance hence a Seat Grab.

Well to me that wouldn't be fair.

Hear me out.

If you were in the IV you'd be able to upgrade into it. thus i think you see the 2/1 and 3/1 pilots coming in.

Just my thought. I'm not a policy maker.

Happy Holidays to all. For those of us who have to earn our pay on the Holiday of our choice, Thank You from those of us who don't this year.

I see the bitterness from the A guys, they were made a promise and it was taken from them. I also see the point of the I guys, they were told 1108 would never be on property, now it is coming down the interstate from Columbus to Okatie at high speed. BOTH groups are good guys who were sold a package and or made choices (union or not) that best suits their lifestlye and preferences (similar to their spouses or significant others).

Whenever two groups merge, or take-over or buy (whatever you wish to call it), there are going to be some that get hurt. Some will quit who don't like the union, and some will gain from it (seat grab). This, folks, is life, sometimes it sucks. Nobody ever has any guarantee except death. My point is, lets try to make the changes as painless as possible. Lets try to make an effort to make all of our lives a little easier, with a little more compassion for our fellow human being (pilot) and their families. We all walk through life with similar wants, needs and concerns. None of us are that different. Remember, the grass is greener on neither side of the Netjets fence! Oh, and by the way, my younger brother is an NJI F.O. and will most likely be unable to upgrade to Capt. befor the deal is done. Six thousand hours of GIV PIC time and 1108 decides that his experience is negated by a date of hire. He was promised prior to emplyment that RS would never allow 1108 to rule NJI. There is no solution that adresses all the needs or fairness of both parties.

Now before this starts a Royal Jihad between A and I on this forum, lets remember that there are thousands of soldiers who are fighting and some who have even died for us today. Be glad you have a job, a family and a merger to gossip about when the holiday season is over. I look forward to the forum input after the holidays.

Take care all and a Happy and safe Holiday to you all!

G4Dude you might want to ask your labor lawyer friend what it means when the company you work for creates a VIRTUAL SENIORITY LIST that is published based on the hiring date of each pilot at their respective branch of the same company.

Because my friend, that list was just agreed to by Netjets Corporate in the past couple of days.

One more hurdle jumped towards single carrier out of the way.

Hmmm. I will ask him that, when I see him. However, Santulli knows this union confrontation is looming, and probably has continuous advice on which actions will endanger NJIs non union status. This is an interesting development, to say the least.
Question: assuming the union wins, how long do y'all think will it take from start to finish for the union to win its case? Starting in 2 years, I guess. I was figuring a year at least from that point, but I don't know about these things.

G4Dude that would be speculation on anyone's part that tries to foresee how long.

But what I can say is that it took year to rally the pledge to effect rapid change with our less than friendly management. So that said it might be faster than that if it goes to war so to speak. We have and I hope the management has learned a lot over the past 2 years. No one wants war but if it comes to this many are ready, willing and able to participate with a maximum effort.

If I'm not mistaken there is a moratorium that comes at the end of the 3rd year of our CBA. If the parties in question started to renegotiate the whole cba early the management might try to buy their way out of offering up NJI. My crystal ball says that we will accept a very generous offer that resembles the same wage structure at NJI to drop the single carrier fight. That way the company always has a non represented organization it can use. This is how I see it playing out. Status Quo and a big raise once again for us.

G4Dude you might want to ask your labor lawyer friend what it means when the company you work for creates a VIRTUAL SENIORITY LIST that is published based on the hiring date of each pilot at their respective branch of the same company.

Because my friend, that list was just agreed to by Netjets Corporate in the past couple of days.

One more hurdle jumped towards single carrier out of the way.

Ghostrider, if the "Virtual Seniority List" removes one more hurdle, it does something else that may not sit well with the more radical elements within 1108. IF the NMB orders a single carrier three years from now (the minimum time it will take), the "Virtual Seniority List" decision last week based on straight-up date of hire ensures one for one date of hire integration of the two lists. You can't demand date of hire for the NJI VSL now and then demand a ratio integration or staple job down the line. You know there are members within the 1108 that would make exactly those demands. I believe cooler heads on the MEC would prevail in the event of an integration and assure straight date-of-hire and equipment protection without displacement.

I've allready gone out and slashed gutshot's tires. :)

You wouldn't be the first.....;)

Latest resources

Back