• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really think there isn't anything to worry about.

I think moving children and a wife for a corp position is more of a chance. when you've got a seniority number and a damn good benefits package.

Being on the bottom at NJA isn't what he signed on for. I don't blame him. I could go back to a job with union benefits and protection, too... But, the bottom is still the bottom.

He's probably smart to get out and beat the rush. TC

he's not going to the bottom.

If for some crazy reason he did he wouldn't lose his seat or his pay.

Senority means nothing at nja except for bidding planes and vacation. There are no schedules to bid.

Diesel,

My bottom line is this. Ive been in this position before, and I've learned that this business involves factors I cant control. The current situation with our company is a perfect example.

You never, ever want to be the last guy when it comes to job searches. Fortune 100 companies dont like guys knocking on their door "AFTER" they got laid off. Makes them feel like they were always 2nd best to you anyway.

While I love my job, the people I work for and with; its just a job. And there are no promises in life. Ive got way too much at stake to go back another 4 steps. I did that plenty in another life called Part 121.

If I get in Bean Town anytime soon, you owe me a 3 gallon beer and some chow-dah!

I'd certainly stay - it's not like the rest of NJA's fleet is so crappy... You can't beat NJA's stability and growth - plus its compensation has vastly improved.

Just for general information for next time; the Abbott requirement for a Masters comes from the personel department; it's tied into the paygrade and what education level they think you should have to make that salary. It is not a show stopper. Very few military guys in the flight department.

Shows what I know.

Judging from the resumes I see, there are not a lot of pilots out there with masters degrees other than the military types. To be competitive for O4 in any service you need a masters.

GV

I totally see what your saying I just think you might be jumping the gun a bit. I'm not sure what is going to happen but I believe what would be fair is that you keep your seats and pay.

What do i know though. When there is ego and emotions involved all bets are off.

I'm not just in BOS but TTN and VRB. If you get to anyof those I'll buy you a beer there too. :)

I'd certainly stay - it's not like the rest of NJA's fleet is so crappy... You can't beat NJA's stability and growth - plus its compensation has vastly improved.

It's not what he signed on for. If he wanted to work for NJA, he would have applied there. Nothing personal. TC

Wolfpack,
Just to give you a perspective of what is out there, I recently left for similar reasons to yours. I found a job not as a G450/550 pilot, but wish it was a G450/550. What I got was a job as a Global Express Captain, one of 4, with a company that was going to pay for my move, but told me that based on the fact that I live within 2 hours from them that I also had the choice to stay and drive. I decided to stay and drive and be paid for miles driven. Also, I get a guaranteed 10 days off per month on top of any other days off, all trips are Part 91 no charter, scheduled weeks in advance, and all of the trips are up and down the east coast,europe, and the Mediterranean, and any trip over 2 weeks long I have the option of comming home and swapping with another crew. Starting pay is $150,000 with all benefits paid for by the company, and I have no Glex time at all. The Glex is a nice aircraft also, and this one is loaded with all of the bells and whisles.

I can tell you this, I do not regret leaving at all, I am enjoying my new job much more so than NJI, but will say that NJI/NJA is a great operation as well.

Wolf I wouldn't fear this particular change. If you think the overall organization ie...NJA etal...is going to fail then you are probably smart looking now for a job. If you don't like your present situation at NJI then you are smart to look for a job.

The Majority of us at 1108 want a fair transition. Fair to all of us which means: You get Superseniority in the position and aircraft you presently fly, assignment of a seniority number for bidding based a formula that would have to be agreed to by the Local and the company(wouldn't change anything if you are a G4/5 PIC) . What we would get is closure of a promise that occured over 10 years ago now. The G's would become another aircraft in the fleet flown by members of IBT1108.

As for Diesel's bean town ale, beware. The only good brew in this country is up in the Northwest where microbrews are more prevalent than Starbucks:) And I would be happy to buy the first round someday.

Latest resources

Back