• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream overrun at TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you sure about who gets charged (re:EMAS)? I flew for Gemini years ago and one of our MD11's went into the EMAS @ JFK-- I believe the company was not charged(ins or otherwise...)

According to the airport managers that I met with the repairs to an overrun onto EMAS are the responsibility of the aircraft owner/insurance company. At our airport the repairs to the EMAS cost about $250,000., and the manager said that the owner wrote him a check that same day as opposed to using insurance. As far as the airlines go, I don't know how they handle it. Maybe they have an agreement with the airports.

I'd have to imagine repairing EMAS is a hell of a lot cheaper for an insurance company than the damage the airframe would otherwise incur (and cause) without it...

Meridian is now looking for a G-IV capt. based in TEB. Anyone suprised?

Settle down Francis!!!!
The openings are not for the plane that went off the end. Inside word is that the hiring is for a new client bringing a G-IV to the certificate.
BTW, if you're applying you might want to spell check your resume.

from the NTSB:

"According to a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) inspector, review of airport surveillance video indicated that the airplane touched down on runway 6 near the intersection of taxiway "L," which was about 2,250 feet before the departure end of runway 6. The inspector observed damage to the airplane's nosegear landing light and damage consistent with foreign object damage to both engines."
"The weather reported at KTEB, at 1334, was: wind from 360 degrees at 12 knots, gusting to 19 knots; visibility 3 miles in light rain; broken ceiling at 600 feet, broken ceiling at 2,200 feet, and overcast ceiling at 4,000 feet; temperature 17 degrees C; dew point 14 degrees C; altimeter 29.62 inches of mercury. "
"The PIC further stated that at no point did either pilot believe there was not adequate runway remaining to continue the landing."

REALLY? I normally turn off at Taxiway "L" not touch down there. I guess maybe a go-around was in order?

Settle down Francis!!!!
The openings are not for the plane that went off the end. Inside word is that the hiring is for a new client bringing a G-IV to the certificate.
BTW, if you're applying you might want to spell check your resume.

Don't worry, I wouldn't lower myself to work for a company like Meridian.

Don't worry, I wouldn't lower myself to work for a company like Meridian.

Not worried and honestly I couldn't care less about Meridian.
Point is your post smacked of D'baggery toward the crew of the G-IV that went off the end and toward Meridian for your implication that the ad was posted to replace them.

Just sayin'................

Latest resources

Back