• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream overrun at TEB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah but they were just regional pilots.....thats expected.

the guys in TEB were GIV pilots....

big difference.

:)

Metar data at landing:

KTEB 011744Z 33011KT 4SM -RA BKN006 BKN022 OVC040 17/14 A2963

KTEB 011751Z 35008KT 4SM -RA BR BKN006 BKN022 OVC040 17/15 A2963

Nice and wet, short runway, and direct crosswind for the ILS-6, although not that strong of a x-wind component.

Still, having done that approach hundreds of times, you need to stay sharp!

That runway always seems to hold a lot of water also!....no help that we had about 7ft of rain over the last few days in the NYC area.

Curious to know who is responsible for the cost in replacing the EMAS, operator, airport or both?

Doesnt surprise me. that airport has no reguard for x-wind, landing with tailwinds and many of things that makes me think that that airport is a accident waiting to happen.

So you're saying pilots can't think for themselves?!?! Please.

My 2 cents........Pilots' are affraid of the missed approach! We don't want to admit that we messed up the approach, I know I've been there and so have most of you and you say "NOT ME" then you're full of s**t! Everyone has been outside of the stablized approach criteria atleast once in their life and has said "I CAN SAVE THIS."
This is nothing more then a human factors issue!

My 2 cents........Pilots' are affraid of the missed approach! We don't want to admit that we messed up the approach, I know I've been there and so have most of you and you say "NOT ME" then you're full of s**t! Everyone has been outside of the stablized approach criteria atleast once in their life and has said "I CAN SAVE THIS."
This is nothing more then a human factors issue!

AMEN.........

Couple months ago going into HPN the wind was gusting 20 almost direct crosswind with some wind shear. Clear skies. Global Express that landed 5 minutes in front of us reported loss/gains of 15+......I had to go around at about 50 feet, sumbitch was getting tossed hard. Falcon 50 behind me went around. My second time I landed ok, but it was a handful. Falcon had to go around again. 3rd time was a charm for the Falcon. After we parked we watched two airliners go around.....and one airliner while we were taxiing in said to ground control its beyond company weather limits to take off so they waited (can't remember who it was)...it was nuts.

Good to see pilots that don't give a damn about the passengers timelines and appointments or care at all what other people think if they go around.......these are the ones that don't need barriers to help them stop.........lol........

Latest resources

Back