Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream, Flexjet enter into agreement for 50 aircraft!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why? Their lack of unionization will mean $130K G-CAs with no retirement and termination based on the whims of anyone.....

Wow, you got us. We are SOOOO screwed because we dint have a union.

So they are going to pay Gulfstream captains less than our Lear captains and stop our 401(k) match at the same time.

You must have some great inside information.

I will say that it takes a lot to get terminated from FJ. There are a few things that will get you fired, just like at any other job (showing up to worm dunk, assaulting a fellow emplyee), but other than that it takes quite a few serious issues before termination is even an option.

Are you kidding TWA??? Seriously???? Come on already, what's it seriously gonna take for you to admit your Flex Jet management is gone? Don't you think that we all would want your management to be running the show if they truly where the way you claim with the crews? And I don't doubt they weren't. But there gone there not making the decisions your new step dad don't believe in that style of management we all at Flops wish he did. Buts not the reality we have all lived 15+ years

I highly doubt that the Gulfstream CA's make less than our Lear CA's. ; )

Ricci has a Gulfstream ask those pilots what hes paying them.

Are the current/former Gulfstream share owners not liking the Globals? Thought they would be just as happy with the big cabin....

We have our diehard Gulfstream owners. Including the billionaire who likes to talk to the crews that spent 7 hours (yes, 7 hours) in my cockpit telling me how he wants a 650 share and wants nothing to do with a Global. We just ceded that business to a competitor.

Genius.....

We have our diehard Gulfstream owners. Including the billionaire who likes to talk to the crews that spent 7 hours (yes, 7 hours) in my cockpit telling me how he wants a 650 share and wants nothing to do with a Global. We just ceded that business to a competitor.

Genius.....

As I'm sure many who fly on the 450 will move over to the Globals at nja. And not sit in the cockpit for 7 hours as they have better things to do.

You figured it out. Gulfstream will trust any part 91 operator, but no way they would trust DAC.

I am sure Gulfstream has NEVER negotiated a long term maintenance agreement with any other operator.

Wait, you are right, no, couldn't be.

It's a bit different with a fleet deal. Not the same as a 91 operator with 1 or 2 (who almost always get factory mx support, anyway). Gulfstream has the top brand in bizjets to protect, and 50 a/c or even 20 with one operator is a lot of exposure. If they hadn't been jilted by NJ, don't think they would ever be dealing with KR. You seem to be the only one on here unaware of past mx practices under his ownership. He never paid for the factory program before, cheaper to fix them in house (and quicker - you'd be amazed at how fast they could green up a broken plane). Mx was seen as a cost center, always a target for cutting. I'm glad you're so sure that could never happen over at Flex.

Last edited:
Bluenose that reminds me when the mx guys got bonuses on how fast the greened up a plane. So the would pencil whip it send it out the door and collect there bonus. The next day the crew would come out to a broke plane write it up and back in it would go. Took ricci a while to figure out he was paying bonuses but wasn't getting the plane back in the air.

Latest resources

Back