Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream, Flexjet enter into agreement for 50 aircraft!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is awesome news for the FlexJet guys. From a Netjeter, congratulations

I hope the naysayers stay away but i doubt it.

"Flexjet is privileged to fill the void in the fractional market for new Gulfstream aircraft, becoming the sole and exclusive fractional provider of new Gulfstream aircraft including the G450, G650 and the highly anticipated G500. Our 10-year agreement with Gulfstream will help us meet our owners' demands for longer-range, larger-cabin aircraft, greatly expanding Flexjet's global capabilities," said Kenn Ricci, Flexjet's chairman. "We are thankful to be starting a new relationship with Gulfstream, marking a milestone in the history of our two companies and in the fractional ownership industry."
http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ional-Provider-Offering-Access-Newly-Unveiled

Certainly clear who Dad's favorite is. According to AIN, G450 deliveries (10 ordered) are supposed to start middle of next year. Wonder how many FO pilots will be applying to Flex now? How are those fence negotiations coming along? I'm guessing Kenn didn't attend, he looks to be busy elsewhere.

Last edited:
Whoa!!!! That is fantastic news! You can't beat the new Gucci jets! :)

Will these be traditional Flexjet, FLOPS or external hires to fly them? Yeah, I am betting this is a sensitive subject for all involved...............

Hope they find a compromise and get pilots from both sides!

AIN blurb below:

Gulfstream Racks Up Launch Orders for New G500
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flexjet and Qatar Executive quickly lined up to be the launch customers for the new Gulfstream G500, which was revealing this morning during a ceremony at the aircraft manufacturer?s Savannah, Ga. headquarters. Qatar signed a memorandum of understanding today for up to 20 Gulfstreams, while Flexjet placed an order for 50 aircraft, including options. Fractional provider Flexjet placed a firm order for 22 Gulfstreams: 10 G450s, six G650s and six G500s and options for 28 more. Deliveries of the G450s will start in the middle of next year, with the G650s following in mid-2016 and the G500s in 2018. Notably, this marks the first non-Bombardier order for Flexjet. In addition, the two companies also inked an agreement under which Gulfstream will maintain the Flexjet Gulfstream fleet over the next 10 years. Meanwhile, the commitment from Qatar is for a mix of G500s and G650s that would allow the Doha-based private jet division of Qatar Airways to keep pace with future strategic growth plans, according to company CEO Akbar Al Baker. Qatar Executive currently has a fleet of seven business jets, but he noted that demand is surging high and we must keep pace by adding aircraft. Al Baker chose the two Gulfstream models for their innovation, performance and design elements. Values of these orders were not available at press time[/FONT]

Last edited:
So, how would this impact the 2 Globals that FLOPS picked up recently? Would those be entirely separate and kept or would they be swapped out for these new Gulfstreams?

I see the deal includes a 10-year maintenance agreement. Almost like Gulfstream wouldn't trust DAC to maintain its airplanes properly....Nah, couldn't be.

Interesting they didn't wait to make this announcement at NBAA...

I thought they were saving that for announcing the XOJet buyout.

Latest resources

Back