• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Airlines to Major?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There doesn't seem to be any management blacklisting of GIA pilots when they attempt to move on. Pilots (other than their major airline pilot daddys) don't like em, but who cares what other pilots think when you end up making more than they do? (Rhetoric and sarcasm could be detected in the previous sentence by seasoned readers)

edit: Does anyone know what Publisher and/or pilotYIP think about hiring GIA street captains?

I agree with you on the number of trailer trash migrating to the area these days... Nothing I can do about that. Never lived in South Florida so I can't speak for that area. I'm from the Northeast part of the state, lived in a small beach town and loved it. Wasn't too expensive either. In the mountains of the western U.S. now and while its nice, I'm freezing my butt off... Can't wait to get back to a warmer climate.

How's the big T treating you?

FlyingFarmer said:
Now who is smoking that rock? Do you actually think that when a bunch of pilots are sitting around talking about who is going to get hired PFT doesn't enter into the equation? You guys are either fools, or are lying to yourselves in the hopes of feeling better. Trust me I won't be giviing ANY specifics but I've heard it does come up. So what if a few of you losers made it through. The rest of us know that what you've done hurts us all.

Enough said.

Not a fan of PFT, but having said that, I only know one guy that flew for GIA...or paid to fly for them......anyhow after working up the ladder and furlough and all the other normal airline stuff, he is on his fourth boeing job and second Major airline job, GIA hasn't slowed him down one bit. Didn't help him much eaither though, his career progressed at about thesame speed as everybody else.

5 or so years from now may be a different story though, big difference in the industry than when he did it.

citabriapilot said:
I agree with you on the number of trailer trash migrating to the area these days... Nothing I can do about that. Never lived in South Florida so I can't speak for that area. I'm from the Northeast part of the state, lived in a small beach town and loved it. Wasn't too expensive either. In the mountains of the western U.S. now and while its nice, I'm freezing my butt off... Can't wait to get back to a warmer climate.

How's the big T treating you?

ahh northeast Florida is a different story. Figured you were from south Florida because of the GIA bases. It's going to be sad to leave the big T.....i graduate this semester.. :(

Anyhow, good luck in getting that PIC time. I still have the flying bug, but all the negativity on this board has pushed me in a different direction--to dental school I go. good luck nontheless. :beer:

dabandermac said:
ahh northeast Florida is a different story. Figured you were from south Florida because of the GIA bases. It's going to be sad to leave the big T.....i graduate this semester.. :(

Anyhow, good luck in getting that PIC time. I still have the flying bug, but all the negativity on this board has pushed me in a different direction--to dental school I go. good luck nontheless. :beer:

Boy I hope that wasn't the sole reason you went in another direction. If so I hope many on hear realize the power of the website and try to do a little better. I think Mark (rest his soul) had hoped this site would bring people together in aviation.

Anyway,

Good Luck,

AAflyer

AAflyer said:
Boy I hope that wasn't the sole reason you went in another direction. If so I hope many on hear realize the power of the website and try to do a little better. I think Mark (rest his soul) had hoped this site would bring people together in aviation.

Anyway,

Good Luck,

AAflyer

With over 800 posts I know you are aware of the things posted on these boards, as they are down right depressing.

Luckily I have worked my ass off in college in a non-aviation field (biochem), and I have options. I believe most here would agree that $30k is better invested into a dental career than into ratings--at least this is what I believe after perusing the regional board.

I will always be able to fly on a dentists salary. Maybe one day I will own my own saratoga or something. Plus the chance of suffering from "AIDS" is significantly lower.

If these guys on the regional board are intentionally scaring people away, well, they are doing a great job. It just does not seem worth it to me. I will always love to fly, just not for a paycheck.

AAflyer said:
Met one in STL at Chilli's 2. AA

Awful service there, don't ask to sit near the windows.

Helos2Galaxy said:
It's the closest thing to comraderie in an airline you'll ever see.

Brokeback Airline?

Latest resources

Back