• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ground Crew to Picket Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So does that mean that SW pilots know not to kill the Golden Goose....or does it mean that the flight attendants have bigger stones than the pilots?

WOW, dude (or dudette with that avatar), you will have a HUGE eye-opening getting into this business, if you pass an interview! This is NOTHING like the MIL, and you can't even begin to compare it to the MIL. Having been in the Navy, the unlimited resources (?) of the US Gov't will always keep the Tanker Clowns of the MIL flying. I suggest first step going to a non-union airline, see how much fun that is!

Internatonal codeshare is OK, regional jet codeshare is were I draw the line.

Why are you ok with international codeshares? That flying should belong you and the rest of the SWAPA members.

WOW, dude (or dudette with that avatar), you will have a HUGE eye-opening getting into this business, if you pass an interview! This is NOTHING like the MIL, and you can't even begin to compare it to the MIL. Having been in the Navy, the unlimited resources (?) of the US Gov't will always keep the Tanker Clowns of the MIL flying. I suggest first step going to a non-union airline, see how much fun that is!

I think I'll fly for Southwest. I just may not join the union.

Moron Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Internatonal codeshare is OK, regional jet codeshare is were I draw the line.
Then when the furloughs start junior, you better get your app in with Volaris or Westjet.
At least your 737 type will have been paid for!:laugh:

Why are you comparing everyone else with us here at SWA. I think its really funny how everyone always likes to say that we are different but at same compare ourselves to every other major airline.
You cant live your life thinking everyone in mgt. is out to scr@w you. If GK and the crystal palace are out to pull one over on us then we are just like everyone else and will soon be on the street, in that case who cares. I for one trust them, I also trust the union (unless they tell me to fess up and admit I was wrong;) ) Bottom line, If I was at any other airline I would be screaming bloody murder by know, however here at SWA I will take my chances.
At the same time even I have my limits. Internatonal codeshare is OK, regional jet codeshare is were I draw the line.

Gary said he would abide by SL32. When we didn't grow 5% last year he said "well what I meant was we'd grow 5% AVERAGE. Then he said he'd follow the TA. Then he wanted the TA reopened so he could tailor it to the Volaris pact, which he didn't yet know about. Then yesterday they said screw the TA once again and annonced they would sell tickets to Canada on Westjet through Southwest.com.

I just don't see what part of your job getting shipped to the lowest bidder you don't yet understand but you will. And when you will it will be too late.

I literally get a sick feeling in my stomach when I realize where we are headed as a company.

Vote no. Vote often.
Gup

I bet management would be on my side though. And after all, that's who decides if people get fired.

Dude...your ignorance is showing again. I bet you don't even fly in the military. I need to put you on my ignore list.

Also, at the beginning of this thread you mentioned the UAW was the reason the Big Three automakers weren't competitive. Do you have any idea what it costs as a percentage to build a car in terms of UAW labor? It couldn't be greedy top heavy management making poor decisions could it?

Sorry for the thread Hijack, I just get sick of reading that tool's posts.

For what it's worth, I think SWA may be hitting a rough spot in the road, but compared to the rest of us that have to compete with you guys.....well...I think it's kinda like Roscoe P. Coltrain chasing the Duke Boy's. He may hang in there for a while, but you know eventually something bad is going to happen when the Duke's jump the creek.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back