• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ground Crew to Picket Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, I think SWA may be hitting a rough spot in the road, but compared to the rest of us that have to compete with you guys.....well...I think it's kinda like Roscoe P. Coltrain chasing the Duke Boy's. He may hang in there for a while, but you know eventually something bad is going to happen when the Duke's jump the creek.

Actually the Dukes get caught every once and a while and sent to jail, but they'll break out if Roscoe's cousin Cletus comes into town.

Why are you ok with international codeshares? That flying should belong you and the rest of the SWAPA members.

Because you have to believe someone at some point.
If the company is saying that there are plenty of places to grow in the U.S. and that we want someone to go in first and develop the international market for us and then if it makes sense we will do the flying ourselves I believe them. When the union pres. states that they are OK with the language and it is a win win then I believe them. The economy sucks let some else do the dirty work for us and if it works then we go in ourselves, if it does not work oh well too bad.

Gary said he would abide by SL32. When we didn't grow 5% last year he said "well what I meant was we'd grow 5% AVERAGE. Then he said he'd follow the TA. Then he wanted the TA reopened so he could tailor it to the Volaris pact, which he didn't yet know about. Then yesterday they said screw the TA once again and annonced they would sell tickets to Canada on Westjet through Southwest.com.

I just don't see what part of your job getting shipped to the lowest bidder you don't yet understand but you will. And when you will it will be too late.

I literally get a sick feeling in my stomach when I realize where we are headed as a company.

Vote no. Vote often.
Gup

If anyone understands I do, I watched this happen at USair. I came here because this place was different. If you want to turn this place into every other airline go ahead and try. f Gary broke his promise then where is SWAPA. Why did swapa send an email that said the company is in compliance with all codeshare and side letter language.

I think I'll fly for Southwest. I just may not join the union.

Tanker Clown, How long have you been at Southwest? I just figured out that you are an employee of Southwest Airlines. That's so frickin' hilarious, you've been firing up all these Southwest guys, and you're one of them.

Classic.

Tanker Clown, How long have you been at Southwest? I just figured out that you are an employee of Southwest Airlines. That's so frickin' hilarious, you've been firing up all these Southwest guys, and you're one of them.

Classic.

I've suspected this as well. What a tool!

Then quit telling us how great we are while continually showing us otherwise. Can't afford a cost of living increase? Please. Mr. Kelly has taken a 100% raise TWICE in the past two years and millions in stock GRANTS - not options.

Mr. Kelly tells us we don't deserve a raise, stalls contract talks for almost 3 years, takes his bonus', fires pilots without cause, reduces our flying and then gives our futures to Westjet and a 2 year old Mexican airline with 19 jets.

Why don't you point out to me all the great things I should be onboard with and I'll get right on it.

Mr. Kelly has found the tipping to point of many fine men and women at Southwest Airlines. Somewhere, sometime a person reaches the transition between caring and apathy. If you knew what you were talking about you'd see just how many individuals at Southwest are reaching theirs.

It's really very disappointing.
Gup

Trouble in paradise?:laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyWN
Then quit telling us how great we are while continually showing us otherwise. Can't afford a cost of living increase? Please. Mr. Kelly has taken a 100% raise TWICE in the past two years and millions in stock GRANTS - not options.

Mr. Kelly tells us we don't deserve a raise, stalls contract talks for almost 3 years, takes his bonus', fires pilots without cause, reduces our flying and then gives our futures to Westjet and a 2 year old Mexican airline with 19 jets.

Why don't you point out to me all the great things I should be onboard with and I'll get right on it.

Mr. Kelly has found the tipping to point of many fine men and women at Southwest Airlines. Somewhere, sometime a person reaches the transition between caring and apathy. If you knew what you were talking about you'd see just how many individuals at Southwest are reaching theirs.

It's really very disappointing.
Gup

Great post my thoughts as well.

If anyone understands I do, I watched this happen at USair. I came here because this place was different. If you want to turn this place into every other airline go ahead and try. f Gary broke his promise then where is SWAPA. Why did swapa send an email that said the company is in compliance with all codeshare and side letter language.

Like this one...........

So in summary, we do not have a TA in Section 1, subsection F – Codesharing. When we do, SWAPA will notify you ASAP with updated complete language. We have made progress at the table in the last series of meetings and that is encouraging. But we must stay the course to finish the job. For the most accurate information, please go to the SWAPA website or call your representative.

Gup

Latest resources

Back