• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Grievance ruling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all of the good wishes, guys. I know that many out there have it a lot worse than I do, I just needed to do a little venting. The news was a big disappointment.

Regarding my dancing on the grave comment...I have enjoyed my time and debates on this board very much, and most of you are gentleman who would not wish ill towards anyone. I know that and I appreciate it. However, there are people out there who are quite happy about this ruling. I don't know if they are jealous, or management apologists, or just hate Delta pilots, but they are out there. I have conversed personally with them on this board and many others. It was towards them that I addressed my post. I probably shouldn't have. After all, I could really not care less what they think.

Thanks to all of my flightinfo buddies for the kind words. Here's hoping we are all back where we belong soon.

FDJ,

Both from the boards, and our private correspondence, you know how I feel. It is a sad day for all of us DAL, and DCI both. I think the road ahead will be, at best rocky for us all.

My heartfelt best wishes for you and your family in most difficult times.

Not having followed the ruling or the process, what exactly happened if you dont mind educating some of us

Well, I've been furloughed, and never called back as the company went out of business. I've negotiated contracts, and been on strike. All of these were with regionals, so I know it's not the same, but I sort of know how it feels. I'm sorry that some people are happy about your loss, and I cannot understand that.

Also, I don't think it means contracts mean nothing. They used a clause in the contract that has to do with wartime emergencies. The union believed this was not an emergency, and the company claimed it was. The company feels it is following a part of the contract, and the union feels it was not. It does not mean the whole contract is null and void. Good luck to all.

War

This is not the end of contracts but should serve as a good lesson as to what happens when an extraordinary event happens.

There is no way that taking hostages and utilizing commercial aircraft for guided missles is not an extraordinary event nor that the President says on TV we engaged in a war, that a reasonable board is not going to say this is not a normal business situation and hence contract void.

publisher,

What I don't understand is why, nearly 8 months later, airlines are still claiming "act of terrorism" and furloughing pilots and violating scope.

Granted, 9/11 was (for the most part) out of management's control, but they are having a field day on this one. For how long can they cry "terrorism" as an excuse for everything.

I'm sorry, but this is plain rediculous.

It really is quite depressing that so many people are getting furloughed, but you also have to realize that if companies didn't get rid of some of their people they would (in the not too distant future) be getting rid of all their employees.
Companies (all of them) are not there to give people a job, they are there to make money, if they are not making money something has to change.
I'm sorry for anyone who has lost there job, but that is what happens in free market economies.
We could all move to Russia and be given a job for life, but the old commie thing didn't work out either.

Last edited:
Would your opinion still be the same if it were CMR doing the furloughing and DAL expanding?????????????????????????

Yes it would.
The same way I sat and waited for 5 years after getting my ATP for the job market to pick up. I didn't start blaming anyone or getting angry, it was the economy.
You can't blame a company for trying to do what companies are supposed to do (make a profit).

trainerjet said:
Would your opinion still be the same if it were CMR doing the furloughing and DAL expanding?????????????????????????

Great point...

Latest resources

Back