Grievance ruling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDeltasJets

For those of you who wished us well, thank you. For those of you who were giddy at the prospect of dancing on our graves, now is your chance. Enjoy.

DALPA lost the grievance. I won't see a cockpit again for a very long time. Delta now has the freedom to do what they wanted to do on September 10.

I am trying very hard not to let it get me down, but I'm not doing too well. I will be back someday. But I will never forget today.

Delta had my heart. They'll never get it back.

I know that there are 1000's of guys who feel the same way I do.

Sorry for whining. I'm usually a pretty positive guy. Today sucks. Tomorrow will be better.

What does that mean? Is it completely over with, or is there some type of appeal process? I hope it will all work out. I think things are going to get better pretty soon.

I also don't think anyone would be "dancing on your graves." Nobody wants anyone else to lose their jobs, especially a job we might want to join you in someday. I wish you well, and hope you are back very soon.

Few, if any, want to dance on your grave.

I've never been furlouhged, but have been grounded before. The first time was for a broken foot, and the second time was administrative (thanks to training scheduling and the National Guard). Both times were very stressful.

I pray that you'll land with the blue side up very soon!

Slim

I browse this board frequently to gain information on the industry. I am usually a silent observer, but this has me more interested than usual. Does this decision mean that Delta is now free to operate as managment determines, without regard to the scope and no furlough clauses?
I fly for ASA, and will be affected. I'm sure the pros and cons have been debated to no end somewhere on this website. I hate to see anyone furloughed from any airline.
Good luck to you.

This could be avery sacry day in aviation. Dos this mean airlines can now ignore contracts they don't like? Every pilot group out there could be in trouble. Also so could manufactruers, airports, even passengers. Can the airlines now just ignore every contract they have, if its not what they like tody?

FlyDeltasJets,

Don't need to tell you that other pilots in the industry were looking on with a hopeful eye, that's terrible news. Here at UAL, apparently when Goodwin leaves with a $5 million dollar severance, office, secretary, country club membership, car, a falsely increased pension rating over thirty years of service after driving the airline into the ground, they HAVE to give him his golden parachute. To quote "A contract is a contract." Needless to say, not when you're labor.

844 of us at United with you, brother.

Latest resources

Back