• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are completely and utterly correct. I did, in fact, graduate high skool

And yet the fact remains
YOU are a TOOL
YOU DRIVE THE F@KING BUS FOR A LIVING
YOU are not now, nor will you ever be, worth 300K a year
YOU are a pompous twit who cannot conceive of the notion that what you do is not all that important
And you will NEVER realize that it is people like YOU that are dragging down the industry with your incessant whining about how others make a living

But hey, you're a COLLEGE graduate
You are much smarter than most people
You worked really, really hard to become a pilot
And you spent alot of money on it
And it's really, really scary sometimes too!
BY GAWD YOU DESERVE IT!!

Falcon Capt,

You mean you wouldn't give up your crumy corp gig for the chance at "The Majors":eek: :eek:

:)

Gulfstream 200 said:
Falcon Capt,

You mean you wouldn't give up your crumy corp gig for the chance at "The Majors":eek: :eek:

:)

Hehehehe.... You mean right before raise time and with bonus payout coming up next month (of course it is only a measly 14%) ? I don't think so! Thank you very much

I write a check to management every 2 weeks so I can fly:D

The greatest threat is lack of passengers, pure and simple.

Last edited:
For perspective, I showed this thread at the squadron late this afternoon. Not a single pilot in Operations could understand why you deserve $300k to simply fly an airplane from point A to point B - if you can get it that's great - but deserve it?

I won't demand it nor deserve it, but if someone offers it to me I sure will take it. One little decision could be a detrement to the whole operation, a little extra pay to make sure I make the right one isn't a problem at all.

TurboS7 said:
I won't demand it nor deserve it, but if someone offers it to me I sure will take it. One little decision could be a detrement to the whole operation, a little extra pay to make sure I make the right one isn't a problem at all.

That's fine if you get it offered to you. I don't think anybody here would turn that kind of money down if it was offered to them. It happens to be expected by some. That is even when the airline is going down the crapper and is on the furge of closing. Well enjoy your 300k for now. Whe your airline goes belly up. You can blame yourself for that one and enjoy the unemployment line. It doesn't take a MBA to figure that one out. ;)

Re: Re: Re: Greatest Threat?

B737G said:
Those willing to prostitute themselves out for such low pay and lack of benefits are the cause for the decline of the profession. It is you who needs luck and an injection of self worth unless of course, you too lack the credentials to have self worth.

An Airtran CA can easily make $150,000 a year to fly a 100+ seat airplane. If you call that prostituting then we have real problems.

You are right. Times have changed as a result of those willing to fly for substandard wages and benefits. They are killing what used to be a great profession.

Falcon Capt just gave a long description why salaries are going the way they are (huge losses) and you come up with this
sh%t. Why don't you go use that MBA in North Korea. I heard they love fixing wages and prices over there. You will fit in nicely.
-Bean

Latest resources

Back