Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: Stirring the pot

CCDiscoB said:
"hick" and Massachusetts can not be used in the same sentence. (unless you are from west I-91) In fact, you can't use the term hick when referring to anybody from the Northeast.

apparently you've never been to Salisbury Beach

(or for the NE comment, Keene NH among other "gahhhden" spots)

Very True. The way we get around the rule is to call them "Wombats."

Zman,

Awesome story -- I hope your good deed goes rewarded. What goes around...

It reminds me in contrast to another true story.

I know someone who successfully interviewed at the other Dallas-based major airline, only to lose the job that very same day by getting in an argument with a gate agent on the way home from the interview.

A person's true personality comes out sooner or later. You just happened to be in the right place at the right time for yours to be seen by the right person.

When the time comes, maybe Mr Gile will even choose to interview you himself...

I must be having a case of dejavu, but wasn't this same exact story up a long time ago? So did he get hired?

KC-10 Driver said:
Zman,

I know someone who successfully interviewed at the other Dallas-based major airline, only to lose the job that very same day by getting in an argument with a gate agent on the way home from the interview.

OK everybody, is there anyone out there that does not understand that you are on an interview every second from the time you first submit your resume or application (grammar, truthfullness, accuracy, references, spelling) to the moment you finish your IOE at your dream job? This include the medical screening, if necessary. I know of a person who lost an offer at American because he made some off-color comment to one of their medical personnel during the examination. This also includes the gate agent, the ticket agent, FAs, and probably the guy next to you on the plane when you fly to and from the interview. For that matter, it probably includes the guy behind the desk at the hotel where you're staying the night before the interview, and the housekeeper. This is just common sense. Of course you'll be on your best behavior during the interview...everyone expects that. But the company has probably more of an interest in seeing how you deal with people on a day-to-day basis, since you're going to be the one "on the front line" with the customer. This is why they ask those fun situation/action/response questions during the interview, and why they watch your every move for the whole process. Common sense. Good luck! And if your momma didn't learn you good about manners and all that stuff, you might want to go to charm school ;)
KC-10 Driver said:

A person's true personality comes out sooner or later. You just happened to be in the right place at the right time for yours to be seen by the right person.

Ain't it the truth!

KC-10 Driver said:

When the time comes, maybe Mr Gile will even choose to interview you himself...

Bet on it! Prepare yourself for this to happen, so you don't freak out when he walks through the door.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I would just like to add that the need to be on your toes is there until you complete the probation period, usually one year. Getting done with IOE just means the training is done, now you have to show that you can relate on a day-to-day basis with those you will share the cockpit with. If you manage to annoy someone enough to have them lodge a complaint with the chief pilot then you could find yourself on the street with no recourse.

Best course of action is to do everything possible to keep your nose clean until you are done with probation.

I knew a guy at the commuters who was still on his probationary year. He took a shine to the latina maid who made up his room every day while on TDY. He decided that the best way to express his feelings was to wait until she entered the room, then come out of the bathroom naked and masturbating. He was fired, but gave us all a great story....

Let's get something straight...

Huck said:
I knew a guy at the commuters who was still on his probationary year. He took a shine to the latina maid who made up his room every day while on TDY. He decided that the best way to express his feelings was to wait until she entered the room, then come out of the bathroom naked and masturbating. He was fired, but gave us all a great story....

I wasn't fired...I was, "asked to express my feelings and emotions at a different carrier." Big difference.

BTW - She was HOT!:) Oh well - it all rubbed out in the end.

Last edited:
CCDISCOB,

If you were a true Southerner youda never used the term, "Mason-Dixon Line". Everyone down here in the South knows we call it the "Smith&Wesson Line"

:)

HC

Latest resources

Back