• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can't just factor in monthly guarantee as your only pay there is per diem too even though it doesn't equate to much more. At any rate I can stand by and wait for the day to get laid off all the while hating my job more an more or possibly have my hourly salary completely taken away and work on straight commission. Or I can be proactive with my aviation career and do what I really want to do which is fly. I can hack it through first yr pay and build my time so that when it gets better I'm in a better situation.

That's a very good idea, too bad most people don't do this.

I was recently offered a job at Colgan, but after crunching the numbers I decided it was not going to work for me financially. I don't have any debt either, so that's really saying something. I have no clue how these guys and girls with crazy flight training loans, credit cards, car loan, etc. can afford to work for some of the regional carriers.

Same here...jumped on the application bandwagon then completed a monthly budget...I cannot afford to work there. Just cannot. Period.

Some can some can't. I've been saving for the day I get laid off or 1st yr FO pay. I should be good for a bit.

Some can some can't. I've been saving for the day I get laid off or 1st yr FO pay. I should be good for a bit.

Isn't that sad.

1) You're not going to have money when you get furloughed because you're going to be dipping so far into your savings just to SURVIVE on 1st year pay.

2) Don't you think you're worth more than that?

C'mon cuzz

That's a very good idea, too bad most people don't do this.

I was recently offered a job at Colgan, but after crunching the numbers I decided it was not going to work for me financially. I don't have any debt either, so that's really saying something. I have no clue how these guys and girls with crazy flight training loans, credit cards, car loan, etc. can afford to work for some of the regional carriers.

I don't have any debt and made it through first year pay at Colgan without too much trouble... yeah it sucks but it is better than being unemployed.... I got hired by Eagle, PSA, Pinnacle, and Air Whisky and never made it to class after having my employer close the doors... Colgan was not on my initial list of places to work but my worst day flying is better than my best day welding... and I spent 6 months welding between flying jobs. Everyone's experience in life is different... everyone chooses different path's in life.... and I enjoy volunteering my time with our union working towards a decent contract.
Have a great mothers day folks.

I am worth more lol that's why I'm trying to get out of my current job. Don't think for a second I want to be at Lakes for anything other than the fact that its a place to get hours.

yeah it sucks but it is better than being unemployed....

No hate at all but this is exactly why you'll never make money.

I'm worth more behind a yoke than a computer selling avionics.

You're worth 16K to 20K? Did we go to the same school?

I am worth more lol that's why I'm trying to get out of my current job. Don't think for a second I want to be at Lakes for anything other than the fact that its a place to get hours.

:facepalm:

I'm on track to make 17K this year. Am I worth more than that you're damn right. There is no career progression in my job right now. A lateral move financially to fly a plane (what I went to school for) and possibly make much more in the future sounds like a great idea.

Latest resources

Back