• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i hope not...we dont need anymore people taking low paying jobs....

Unless things have changed drastically there, Great Mistakes is a place to run from-it's not like anyone is hiring people from regionals right now!

Bide your time and go somewhere you can be stuck at until you hit 65...trust me, any outfit who would pretend to be a "stepping stone"(with commensurate low pay, pathetic benefits and abominable employee relations) to a better job in this market is more likely a puddle of quicksand!

If you really love flying my recommendation would be that you get into some job where you can afford to own or rent you own and fly on nice days when you want to...

the industry is not, nor will it ever be what it once was.

Last edited:
26 starting a class on the 10th. 15 more to follow? Low time guys.

eP.

"If you really love flying my recommendation would be that you get into some job where you can afford to own or rent you own and fly on nice days when you want to...

the industry is not, nor will it ever be what it once was. "

THAT is the best advice you will ever recieve,take it to the bank !

What's the deal with Great Lakes? Tehy're the only true regional out there, the guys flying RJs are the ones outsourcing for peanuts. What's the difference between a 4 year pilot at Skywest Vs Great Lakes? One's a CA, the other one's not, that's it pay is the same for both. I say go for it if you can afford 16 dollars an hour.

That's a very good idea, too bad most people don't do this.

I was recently offered a job at Colgan, but after crunching the numbers I decided it was not going to work for me financially. I don't have any debt either, so that's really saying something. I have no clue how these guys and girls with crazy flight training loans, credit cards, car loan, etc. can afford to work for some of the regional carriers.

It's more than I make now and probably as stable as my current non flying aviation job. I'm fully aware of the place and what it entails, and I appreciate your concerns thanks all.

It's more than I make now and probably as stable as my current non flying aviation job. I'm fully aware of the place and what it entails, and I appreciate your concerns thanks all.

Great Lakes pays more than your current non-flying job? How is that even possible?

Great Lakes:
1st year f/o hourly rate: $16
Monthly guarantee: 75 hours
Monthly pay: $1,200

Minimum wage:
$7.25/hr
160 hours/mo
Monthly pay: $1,160

Now I see, you must be making minimum wage. If that's the case, you're right... You're going to be making $40 more per month as a Great Lakes pilot than a minimum wage worker. Nice.

Latest resources

Back