• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes training contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the past they waited until they had enough and then sued a large group of pilots that left before 15mos. However a precedent has already been set in the courts, so expect to pay back the prorated amount.

The only thing in your favor is the state of affairs at GLA they might not have the resources to come and get you before whatever statute of limitations times out.

http://www.greatlakesav.com//PDF/61550A.PDF
The Company’s financial statements included in this Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q have been prepared under the assumption that the Company will continue as a going concern. The financial statements do not include any adjustments that might result if the Company were forced to discontinue operations.​

Whiskey Tango said:
Maybe I should be more specific. Did Great Lakes Aviation, Ltd. seek to collect on the training contract through any means and if so what was the end result.

It depends on the time period. 3 years ago they were letting people walk with a "we're very dissapointed." Those who left 2 years ago got sued. Right now? Who the heck knows. But they seem to be pinching pennies as of late, so I would plan on having come means of producing the 7500 if worse comes to worse.

turbodriver.....interesting......how exactly is lakes ruining everything? get a grip....sip your coffee in your crj and keep moaning about how much you should be getting paid....
funny thing i have noticed on this board....everyone knows how much the lakers make and yet you never see them on this site crying about their pay....they knew what they signed up for and continue to fly without whining to the world on this site...and lets not forget they are the only ones to have turned down a contract 100% and still got screwed on a deal and yet they keep flying and its paying off for some that are getting picked up....cracks me up when guys cry and moan about their flying gig....as pbrstreetgang has said "you knew what you signed up for...grow a pair" if you don't like the job then get out...if you're going to take the time to do a job, do it b/c you love it....
i'm done with my rant....
whiskey tango.....from what i have heard they haven't been going after anyone lately....i guess a little while ago a guy left and had a lawyer help him out of the contract and therefore turned the contract void to all the others....again whether thats true or not i don't know.....i have also heard that they are hiring through dec. so there is quite an in-n-out flow i guess.....maybe they have given up on getting the 7500......whatever

turbodriver said:
fuk lakes and their bull$hit contract. They make it worse for the rest of us.

Right...So you tell me whos ruining it, someone flying a 19 seat airplane for 15.33 an hour, or someone flying a jet 3 or 4 times that size for just 4 dollars more an hour.

hey WT

AS for the correct info....as of today they are trying to collect on the training contracts...Now here is the deal...most of what they have collected is money from people who just paid them without a fight. I know of several people that have been fighting it and have not paid anything...yet.. One of the dudes had left over two years ago... Also the union took the training contract to be ruled upon in D.C. We are still waiting to hear what the result is as far as if it is valid or not...The reason for this is becuase in our contract it state that no pilot will pay for any training cost...I dont see this holding up in court but we should find out in the near future....so that is the deal...

Do they still require this?

I'm not trying to start trouble here and I'm not putting GLA down but I'm just wondering if GLA still requires newhires to sign training agreements? If so, the obvious question is: why would anyone go to work there (or at any company with the same policy) and agree to it? It seems that there are plenty of regionals out there hiring pilots who don't require training agreements. Sometimes I think that, as pilots, we are our own worst enemies. We will do anything to get an airline job. If nobody would sign the agreement the company would have to eliminate it.

Having said all of that, I think that if you accept the job and sign the agreement you should honor it because it's the right thing to do. If you don't want to honor the contract don't take the job.

Latest resources

Back