• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Great Lakes Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's going on the the MKE flying? Any plans for that to expand anymore or is that just a temporary thing? Any crews based out there?

We are doing everything but MKE and ABQ out of Denver. All of the STL trips now leave out of Denver fly out there for 2-3 days and return back to Denver. The only TDY they are doing now is ABQ out of Denver and MKE out of St. Louis.

Don't expect it to make sense.

Dude do not sell yourself to that level.

What's going on the the MKE flying? Any plans for that to expand anymore or is that just a temporary thing? Any crews based out there?

Doesn't sound like anything else is happening but who knows. The MKE pilots right now are the only pilots who are based out of STL. They are out there on temporary displacement lines meaning they collect per diem the whole month. So most of the guys out there are there by choice.

I just faxed my stuff in today. How long does it usually take to hear something back?

If you have and Internal LOR it could be quick if you meet the hiring mins. If not it may take a bit longer we are getting pretty saturated on the FO front right now.

If you have and Internal LOR it could be quick if you meet the hiring mins. If not it may take a bit longer we are getting pretty saturated on the FO front right now.

No internal rec.; but, far above the mins. Maybe I'll give the HR department a call "just to make sure they got my fax."

Dude do not sell yourself to that level.

be careful- lakers are everywhere in this industry. and they're really god- damn good at what they do.

but to your point- Bush's nmb completely screwed those guys- and noone outside of lakes cared. There is a valid argument that lakes undercuts less b/c they are not taking away former mainline routes.
that argument can go round and round.

iow... don't talk about what you don't know.

be careful- lakers are everywhere in this industry. and they're really god- damn good at what they do.

but to your point- Bush's nmb completely screwed those guys- and noone outside of lakes cared. There is a valid argument that lakes undercuts less b/c they are not taking away former mainline routes.
that argument can go round and round.

iow... don't talk about what you don't know.

Only said it because he has the times to get into some other outfits and I'd rather not see him make less than he should.

depends on the situation-- where are you career wise- if you need pic time- lakes seems like the spot... what rj operator can be counted on for upgrades these days? Once you get pic turbine time- then you can look into what opportunities are out there.
No matter what-- only advice is to make decisions LONG term, not short term.

Latest resources

Back