Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And leave the mighty Teamsters?

:rolleyes:

Worst case, even if you're not hired as a street CA, go through newhire as an FO and then upgrade almost immediately.
OR...worst case scenario: upgrades stagnate and you're stuck with F/O pay for a while.

Who knows how people afford it .....some may have no choice and ignore bills for a few months, maybe they dont have any bills, maybe they have enough saved up.. however its no secret that there are many a Mommy and Daddy subsidising the regional airline industry by paying rent, car payment and other bills while their child ' pays their dues ' .
or some people made their money elsewhere and this is just a 'hobby' or the significant other makes the money so they can go play...

Thanks! I have been reading over the gouges on aviationinterviews.com. There is gouge from, I believe, back in July that said it was probably the last interview group to NOT do a sim. All subsequent gouges had no mention of a sim so I assume it is still just tech and HR with no sim? I just want to know what I'm in for. I've heard that when there was a sim eval they were doing ADF approaches. Haven't done one of those in almost seven years so I'll probably want to get some practice before hand if a sim eval awaits..

Still no sim at the interview. If you do get hired though the first week of ground school is spent doing a sim eval on a fancy Microsoft flight simulator. They pick sim groups based on who does well and who needs to spend a week refreshing themselves between ground school and sim. The NDB approach could be the make or break for you in the sim though. It typically comes on the second day of sim and that is the day most people start to washout. We also do have a few airports left in the system that only have NDB approaches for us to shoot because the rest are GPS which we do not have. But definitely brush up on NDB, VOR, and DME ARC's they love the full procedure approaches with good steady crosswinds. Good luck at the interview!

Am I understanding correctly from the origional poster that GLA doesn't even provide a flight to the interview?

Page 2, this thread:

I can't think of a US carrier that will buy you a ticket to get you to their interview. You only get a pass within their brand. Lakes is exactly the same, but being independent means they don't have a nationwide network to get you to Denver. I've been invited to an embarrasing number of airline interviews, and not once did a company pay for a revenue ticket.

That said, if you can get your own hide to ONT, PHX, DEN, MCI, STL or any farflung outstations Lakes can take you the rest of the way. I paid $300 to get to the Lakes interview, $350 to get to a North American Interview reliably, $250 just to get to a simulator to prep for Continental....Get used to it.

Last edited:
Highly recommend the B1900D model to get to the interview, it will provide comfort and will get you there rested and relaxed for the interview.

Latest resources

Back