Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gotta love that SWA culture.....SWA considers stand alone Airtran, if.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please do not bring facts to FI.

This is yet another ALPA tactic to throw a wrench into the works.

Sad part is,ALPA could care less about the 1700 AT pilots and there future.

I am off to clean out my tool box. speaking of boxes OY6/GL you might want to clean/flush your box out. Start with vinegar :)

Never been a fan of ALPA, it was a necessary "evil" over the dysfunction that was the NPA. That being said ...

Also, never been a believer in coincidences. Read the article closely. It's from a individual, not necessarily a strategic decision from the union. It strikes me as funny (not haha funny) that the article hits the street at the same day, same time (almost to the hour) that certain LEC reps were recalled. They might not have done it, but they have allies, who used TO have access to the press.

SWA/SWAPA does not gain from this, the pilots of FL don't either. Who does?

The gun to the head finally makes the news. Vote yes or die. Funny how it contradicts everything GK said to win approval for this deal through the government regulators a few months ago. My magic 8-ball predicts a bunch of lawsuits in the future.

I still can't understand why the SWA side wouldn't vote this down. It seems the only way to prevent integration at all. If I were a SWAPA pilot I'd be furious that a bunch of young AT pilots are gonna be placed ahead of me. Maybe they'll wise up and vote no.

The gun to the head finally makes the news. Vote yes or die. Funny how it contradicts everything GK said to win approval for this deal through the government regulators a few months ago. My magic 8-ball predicts a bunch of lawsuits in the future.

I still can't understand why the SWA side wouldn't vote this down. It seems the only way to prevent integration at all. If I were a SWAPA pilot I'd be furious that a bunch of young AT pilots are gonna be placed ahead of me. Maybe they'll wise up and vote no.

Exactly. And the Southwest guys on here are saying this is an "ATL STORY", so it must be a conspiracy from ALPA. CRAZY.......

Bye Bye---General Lee

If I were a SWAPA pilot I'd be furious that a bunch of young AT pilots are gonna be placed ahead of me. Maybe they'll wise up and vote no.

What does age have to do with senority? Everyone here knows it has nothing at all to do with it...right? If SWA aquires a small start up with a 23 year old Captain in the number one position on the list shouldn't they be put in the number two position at SWA?

What does age have to do with senority? Everyone here knows it has nothing at all to do with it...right? If SWA aquires a small start up with a 23 year old Captain in the number one position on the list shouldn't they be put in the number two position at SWA?[

Not gonna bite. But nice try. :bomb:

Lawsuits?? For what. If the Trannies vote this in it was THEIR vote to accept or reject.

Both sides are going to approve this deal. SWA management doesn't really negotiate with anyone or anybody (to include thier own). They just punch you in the face if you step out of line. It's good to to know this prior to working for them.

But if this happens again, they will protect you too.

When all this was announced several folks jumped my case because I said this was going to be messy, this is one of those cases where I am sorry that my gut feeling turn out to be true, I surely hope that you guys can find a way to settle your differences and become one, I have very good friends at both outfits.

What does age have to do with senority? Everyone here knows it has nothing at all to do with it...right? If SWA aquires a small start up with a 23 year old Captain in the number one position on the list shouldn't they be put in the number two position at SWA?

How'd that work out when DAL bought Comair and ASA? Same situation here IMO.

Latest resources

Back