Gotcha! – Teterboro, NJ (KTEB)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps that should be WASTE...... or do you need to slim down??? :p

Quite some while ago, I believe NJE (& perhaps NJI?) provided the relevant information to KTEB authorities from our flight data monitoring programme to show how many unstable approaches were caused by the circling procedure (a very high %). The feedback to our crews was that this was significant in changing KTEB procedures.

Oh, reading is all well & good, but when ATC hit you with an "unexpected" option that is not written down, but often instructed & well known to local or regular operators, then I'm always thankful if I can get a heads-up from other informal sources.......

Perhaps that should be WASTE...... or do you need to slim down??? :p

Quite some while ago, I believe NJE (& perhaps NJI?) provided the relevant information to KTEB authorities from our flight data monitoring programme to show how many unstable approaches were caused by the circling procedure (a very high %). The feedback to our crews was that this was significant in changing KTEB procedures.

Oh, reading is all well & good, but when ATC hit you with an "unexpected" option that is not written down, but often instructed & well known to local or regular operators, then I'm always thankful if I can get a heads-up from other informal sources.......

VOR Approach with the Circle to 19 is another easy approach. Tower tells you to cross mid field at 1500 and then you enter a normal downwind, base and final. This is Private Pilot Sh*t

Nifty aid I found on the overhead circle is set your AOA to 1.5 and that gives you a green doughnut at ref and 20 when configed for circling (usually flaps 20 in most jets). That way you can stay heads up and reference the indexer for speed. Pile on....

Last edited:
Nifty aid I found on the overhead circle is set your AOA to 1.5 and that gives you a green doughnut at ref and 20 when configed for circling (usually flaps 20 in most jets). That way you can stay heads up and reference the indexer for speed. Pile on....[/QUOTE]

Pile On.....

Nifty aid I found on the overhead circle is set your AOA to 1.5 and that gives you a green doughnut at ref and 20 when configed for circling (usually flaps 20 in most jets). That way you can stay heads up and reference the indexer for speed. Pile on....[/QUOTE]

Pile On.....

This is FI after all, I don't expect to make a comment without someone piling on. That's half the fun of this dysfunctional little community. :smash:

Surely someone can find fault with my logic/math/technique (it works in the Hawker for a fact).

This is FI after all, I don't expect to make a comment without someone piling on. That's half the fun of this dysfunctional little community. :smash:

Surely someone can find fault with my logic/math/technique (it works in the Hawker for a fact).

Its about as dysfuntional as a pilot not being able to fly a VFR pattern to land on 19 at TEB

Last edited:
That is not true and is why I posted it. Eglins Class D extends out and around KDTS.

KDTS in INSIDE Eglins Class D and it goes right down to the runway. If you rotate and climb 1 foot without contacting Eglin for clearance then you have just entered class D without radio contact. I think there may be a FAR covering that.

Here's a link to a picture of the sectional with the airspace in question. See how the dashed blue line goes out around KDTS?

click for KDTS airport with Sectional

Watch out out there...

I stand corrected. Thanks for the sectional link. I'm always IFR so I don't pay as close attention to the VFR sec as I should.

And that's what makes it a "gottcha"...the reason I posted it.

be careful out there...

Latest resources

Back