• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm surprised that ALPA allows US to participate in KCM which they helped develop without ANY help from USAPA. I can assure you, USAPA would be too petty to return any favors (as if they had any to offer, except dragging down the "market rates" and making negotiations more difficult for everyone.

I doubt the TSA would have gone along with the program if we had tried to exclude certain pilot groups from it for political reasons.

have we gotten to where an FO with 1000 SIC and nothing more on his resume has the expectation to get picked up by a legacy airline? Buddy... I had to get 1000 PIC turbine before American originally gave me a ring in 2001... and I was one of the light weights in my class... we had Military colonels and captains on 747s at Atlas, etc.. Upgrade on the "jungle Jet" and then you can complain when USAir or any other legacy airline turns you down for an interview.

Funny, I know two guys starting at your airline(tomorrow I think) that don't have a lick of TPIC. One of them has no PIC outside of training for his ratings.

Funny, I know two guys starting at your airline(tomorrow I think) that don't have a lick of TPIC. One of them has no PIC outside of training for his ratings.

No comment.

SO Drizzle,

All those Comair FO's on the street who have thousands of hours of SIC on the CRJ will have no chance to get on with Usairways, times are changing my friend, its all about supply and demand and also who you know, and my luck i dont know anyone :-(

Division? Your ALPA leader in 2005 D. Woerth sighned the TA which says that the seniority list becomes effective after a contract is ratified. That was ALPA's idea not mine. Yes Field Marshall we are divided until we ratify a contract. What part of the ALPA made TA don't you get? I think the AWA guys and gals will get their ALPA sponsored windfall in about four to five years.

No Charlie, your group (heck, your MEC chair) agreed with Nic as the arbitrator, and agreed to binding arbitration. You don't back out if you don't like the award. That is exactly what happened. Also, you failed to get a joint contract (same pay for same aircraft) prior to your SLI (attempt), which was another big blunder. Your merger, so far, has been the model of "how not to do mergers." Even Bob Crandall stated that in his video he posted on Dec 22 on Youtube. Maybe you should watch it.

What is sad is how unneccessary this is, because you actually agreed to it all beforehand. NIC even gave you warnings, telling your MEC Chair and the negotiators to get off the DOH stance. Your guys didn't, and you were awarded with the NIC award. Your group was able to circumvent it because you had more numbers or members, to vote out ALPA. The APA plus the Westies will send USAPA packing quickly I bet. It's sad, but true. You need to admit what your group has done was underhanded, and then your group needs to accept the award and move on with the larger SLI. It's the only way your possible merger will work, as stated by Bob Crandal himself in the video. Really, go watch it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

SO Drizzle,

All those Comair FO's on the street who have thousands of hours of SIC on the CRJ will have no chance to get on with Usairways, times are changing my friend, its all about supply and demand and also who you know, and my luck i dont know anyone :-(

It should be about what you bring to the table, especially when you may well be going to the IRO seat (captain) on a 300 passenger $200m jet with in weeks of getting hired. But I'm not in charge of hiring and the union doesn't seem to be worried about it.

SO Drizzle,

The "Cream of the crop", or the guys with tons of PIC, will be picked up first by AA and UAL if they start hiring first. Other airlines who start later may not have as many options. There will come a time eventually when anyone with any jet time (SIC or PIC) will be interviewed. Just keep flying and stay clean with the FAA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

SO Drizzle,

Don't get defensive, I'm not the blowhard chastising people for being upset they aren't being selected for an interview. My class at airways had one FO without any PIC and one guy who never got off of high mins.

Yes I am. I have my own business to help with the bills. Almost everyone I fly with has a side business.

[I am a major airline pilot, almost all of us US Air pilots work two jobs to pay the bills].......unbucking believable. AA pilots beware. This is poison.

Latest resources

Back