Got some good news today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nyflr said:
I recieved the thanks but no thanks letter from Mesa today and after reading about them recently I took it as good news! After the interview I now realize what kind of bottom feeder operation they really are. I was actually interviewed by some former PFT puke from there program that they have. They don't even pay for your lodging while in training, gimmie a friggen break! By the way, all the people I interviewed got awarded the B-1900.

We didn't hire you??? Wow, that's OUR loss. Maybe you were over-qualified with 1,300 hours. I'll go have a chat with our HR department...

It's worth saying one more time...

DashCojones said:
We didn't hire you??? Wow, that's OUR loss. Maybe you were over-qualified with 1,300 hours. I'll go have a chat with our HR department...

F&*ken Mesa.

Anything you find as an entry level position is going to be low paid. Look at http://www.airlinepilotpay.com/ and see how they pay their pilots. That was the mail reason i left the aviation industry. I want to be home every night, get paid good money at a stable industry and have a good QOL. If you can afford to suck it up for a few years and have a low QOL go for it. I love flying, i have my license and i'm planning to use it for fun.
Good luck to everyone

I didn't mean to stir up the pot over at Mesa. I believe I did not get the job because of a DUI I recieved over 9 years ago. I have over 10 years of aviation experience including military, general, and commercial aviation, not as a pilot but on the ground operations side of it. I don't exactly no if Mesa is PFT, but when the pilot interviewing me says he started as an FO @ 300 hours I simply came to that conclusion. He did grill me over that DUI of mine and I explained what happened. I also missed a question on all of the VOR service volumes, I could'nt remember for the life of me beyond the 40 N.M. range that I use at the altitudes I fly at.

airwillydrvr said:
Hey try Air Wisconsin, it is not the place it used to be, but it is still better than most. They are hurting people, I think they still put you during training and pay you from day one. Goodluck.
Could I work there part time? I haven't been hurted in a long time, but an infrequent whack or two in the mellon wouldn't be a bad thing.

nyflr said:
I recieved the thanks but no thanks letter from Mesa today and after reading about them recently I took it as good news! After the interview I now realize what kind of bottom feeder operation they really are. I was actually interviewed by some former PFT puke from there program that they have. They don't even pay for your lodging while in training, gimmie a friggen break! By the way, all the people I interviewed got awarded the B-1900.

Instead of bashing an established airline you should be happy to get any P121 job.

Bashing an airline after it turned you down is pathetic. Why did you go there for an interview in the first place? Instead of waisting your own time interviewing with them, you should've read up more about their training, lodging, etc. and turned them down when they called you.

BTW, in case you didn't know B1900 is an excellent aircraft.

With that attitude I wish u good luck as a "Chief Instructor" at your "busy flight school". I am sure you'll do fine there :)

nyflr said:
I was actually interviewed by some former PFT puke from there program that they have. They don't even pay for your lodging while in training, gimmie a friggen break!

It's rather awkward defending Mesa but they have not been a PFT airline. Some former PFT airlines are ASA, Comair, and Coex (now Expressjet).

I guess you could live in a van down by the river while in training. Given the wages you might need to keep that van for the first year or two.

nyflr said:

Try Mesaba. you will be paid from day one and they will also pay for your room.
It's not a bad company to work for.

Latest resources

Back