• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People forget that Airtran is one of the few that didn't take 40% pay from and also furlough 1/3'rd of their pilots after 9/11. It is a LCC. Their new contract, whenever it happens will have some improvements and some concessions. Everbody knows what they are getting into when they go to work there. The people that just bitch and moan would do that anywhere.
Fedex, UPS and LUV; arguably the best airlines to work for right now, sucked 15 years ago. Pilots stuck to it and negotiated better terms each time contract negotiations came around. This can be done at Airtran also. It is not going to happen over night. It is the same at every airline, some will always be miserable. Make the best of what you have and move on if you are not happy. Life is too short to be miserable. Anybody that has a better offer please leave. Lots of airlines are hiring now. Just my $0.02 Fire away.

I'm willing to be that AMR will not go over 3 YEARS without a contract like over at Airtran...nor will we over at UAL. How much more ******************** from MGMT are guys gonna take? One of the reasons I left I can't stand scabs in the training dept. nor a union that's infilitrated with mangament kiss asses.

I'm willing to be that AMR will not go over 3 YEARS without a contract like over at Airtran...nor will we over at UAL. How much more ******************** from MGMT are guys gonna take? One of the reasons I left I can't stand scabs in the training dept. nor a union that's infilitrated with mangament kiss asses.

Are you kidding with the tough talk? What kind of "industry leading" contract are you working with over at UAL? Ask a AA pilot how long he has been working under their current pay rates.

Last edited:
One of the reasons I left I can't stand scabs in the training dept. nor a union that's infilitrated with mangament kiss asses.[/quote]

AMEN, BROTHER

Simple facts? You'd better check your sources.

AirTran pilots DID have their pay cut after 9/11.

What is my basis for saying the pilot group is weak? How about the fact that we've been in mediation for almost 3 years and this pilot group has done nothing to exert any leverage, nada. *News Flash* the company won't give you crap because you ask nice. If you're coming from a regional with a sh!tty contract, maybe this place doesn't seem so bad. I guess if you're happy working under the current conditions, why bother doing anything?

I never said I wouldn't fight for a better contract or that I would sign the first TA pushed out by management. My point is that it won't happen over night. UPS was in negotiations for at least 3 years before their recent contract. If your not happy with you job move on. I am not saying that the current conditions at AAI are great or can't improve. I am simply saying it won't all come in this round of negotiations. You act like labor has any power in this country right now any way. Go ahead and try to strike. See if the courts will allow it.
As far as your current contract, I have no idea what is on it. I am not even on the property yet. From where I am coming from it is a cut in pay but increase in QOL. I made a decision and will make the best of it. I can say without a doubt that bitching and moaning on FI won't improve conditions. As with any job you have the right to quit. There is hiring going on right now. Go start at the bottom at DAL, United, US Air. That will be much better. Stagnate in the right seat for 15 years. Once again it is all relative. I view things differently than you.

Last edited:

Yeah, this from someone who has been taking it in the ARSE from management since 9/11. I have seen how strong UAL's union is. How is that merger going for ya? AA lost what percentage of their pay and pensions in the last few years, along with how many furloughs. Keep casting stones from your glass house.

Last edited:

What is my basis for saying the pilot group is weak? How about the fact that we've been in mediation for almost 3 years and this pilot group has done nothing to exert any leverage, nada. *News Flash* the company won't give you crap because you ask nice. If you're coming from a regional with a sh!tty contract, maybe this place doesn't seem so bad. I guess if you're happy working under the current conditions, why bother doing anything?

Seriously. Quit. Go bitch about some other airline.

That is a sh!tty thing to do on AirTran's part. Goes to show you were better off not to go there. Keep your chin up! Everything happens for a reason.

ASA cancelled a class on me less then a week notice.
But your wright everything happens for a reason, I got on with Airtran while wating for a new class date at ASA.

You are correct we did take a pay cut for a month then it went back to the CBA rates. Which were poor.

Latest resources

Back