• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Goodbye AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did they flat out say no thanks or put you on hold? Being a reserve CA, things are very slow right now, supposedly through next month. Flew 2 trips in the first 10 days and probably won't fly again this month. Very fat on reserves (both FO and CA) so they may have recalculated what we need. Either way, I know it sucks! Best of luck however it turns out!

Thanks guys/gals
I appreciate your support. Being from ATL, that was my last airline option without having to move or commute, and I'm not really up for that.

It was a phone call from HR. No letter. She was very quick and wouldn't say anything. I had to get the "VP level" info from a friend who made a call. This is why I wonder if something showed up on my background that's not supposed to be there. I have nothing to hide, and if I did, I would have gladly disclosed it.

I don't think it's because things are slow. If that were the case, they would have cancelled a class and put me/classmates in a class on a later date. I would not have been specifically singled out because of that.

You just don't call someone with all this enthusiasm, offer them class, get my hopes up, and later shoot it down with no reason. That's just plain wrong. Well I had no sleep last night. If I hear anything, I'll post it. I'm possibly thinking of Netjets right now. Stability and great pay.

You just don't call someone with all this enthusiasm, offer them class, get my hopes up, and later shoot it down with no reason.

Yeah, that's really low. And if the bulk of the background check isn't done, then you don't offer somebody a job.

I'm possibly thinking of Netjets right now. Stability and great pay.

...and an ATL base, now. (And PDK, for that matter, if that's closer to home for you.)

It's a different kind of work, to be sure, but it's the best move I've ever made. (And I say that as a guy who, three years ago, didn't think anything but a major would be where I'd want to go.)

Go ahead and get your resume ready and send it in. It'll keep AirTran's shameful treatment of you out of your mind for a little bit, and may well lead to a better career in the long run.

Good luck!

After given the green light for a class on Feb 25th, I was notified today my offer was taken back. I have NO IDEA what happened.

The only thing I have been told was that is was made at the VP level. That makes no sense. The VP level people approved me for class originally.

I don't know if something on my background came up or what. So I called my current company and they said my record was immaculate. All jobs prior I left on great terms.

For the rest of my background check, I have nothing. I have never even had a speeding ticket. I was approved for FFDO 2 years back. That's a long background check.

So, I don't know what else it could be. I have no enemies who would blackball me. I am truly devastated right now. Lucky me, I didn't give a 2 weeks notice yet..

I wish I knew what happened. I wonder if something came up in error.

That is a sh!tty thing to do on AirTran's part. Goes to show you were better off not to go there. Keep your chin up! Everything happens for a reason.

Yeah, that's really low. And if the bulk of the background check isn't done, then you don't offer somebody a job.

...and an ATL base, now. (And PDK, for that matter, if that's closer to home for you.)

It's a different kind of work, to be sure, but it's the best move I've ever made. (And I say that as a guy who, three years ago, didn't think anything but a major would be where I'd want to go.)

Go ahead and get your resume ready and send it in. It'll keep AirTran's shameful treatment of you out of your mind for a little bit, and may well lead to a better career in the long run.

Good luck!

I have a freind who is an 11 year check airman at Netjets. He said he would write me a letter. I am filling out the application as we speak. That's the only thing that has kept my sanity right now. Do you know how the 18 day schedule works vs the 15 day flex? And which is the most junior of all of them? You can sent it private message so this won't turn into a Netjets forum. Thanks buddy.

Thanks guys/gals
I appreciate your support. Being from ATL, that was my last airline option without having to move or commute, and I'm not really up for that.

It was a phone call from HR. No letter. She was very quick and wouldn't say anything. I had to get the "VP level" info from a friend who made a call. This is why I wonder if something showed up on my background that's not supposed to be there. I have nothing to hide, and if I did, I would have gladly disclosed it.

I don't think it's because things are slow. If that were the case, they would have cancelled a class and put me/classmates in a class on a later date. I would not have been specifically singled out because of that.

You just don't call someone with all this enthusiasm, offer them class, get my hopes up, and later shoot it down with no reason. That's just plain wrong. Well I had no sleep last night. If I hear anything, I'll post it. I'm possibly thinking of Netjets right now. Stability and great pay.

That's a shame but it happens. Sometimes these things are a blessing in disguise - you never know. At least you didn't resign from ASA and then have this problem - it could have been a much worse situation (you should feel lucky).

Netjets, Citationshares and Avantair all offer Atlanta bases. I would apply ASAP if you haven't already. Check them out:

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.info/airlines/fractional.html

Thanks guys/gals

IFLY - I wish you luck. Sorry how things turned out with AAI.
One thought that occurred to me - perhaps something is worngfully showing up on your background check. I have no idea how you could find out what it was (can anyone here on FI help him out?). You might want to dig into it further. If something came up when AAI did their checks then it is likely that it will come up again. I would think you would want to go into the next job interview knowing this information.
Good luck.

After given the green light for a class on Feb 25th, I was notified today my offer was taken back. I have NO IDEA what happened.

The only thing I have been told was that is was made at the VP level. That makes no sense. The VP level people approved me for class originally.

I don't know if something on my background came up or what. So I called my current company and they said my record was immaculate. All jobs prior I left on great terms.

For the rest of my background check, I have nothing. I have never even had a speeding ticket. I was approved for FFDO 2 years back. That's a long background check.

So, I don't know what else it could be. I have no enemies who would blackball me. I am truly devastated right now. Lucky me, I didn't give a 2 weeks notice yet..

I wish I knew what happened. I wonder if something came up in error.

Hopefully the truth will come out. If it is as you say it happened, I can't think of any thing to say that would make you feel better, but THINGS happen for a reason.

Many moons ago, a sh!tbag chief pilot at an unamed regional airline tried to can me. I was fairly devestated at the time. I was out on the street for a few months before I got my job back, but not before I found a better job at an airline where I met my wife. Best thing that ever happened to me.

IFLYASA, I suggest using AirInc's service that checks all of your background references, driving records, etc.... They'll pretend to be a potential employer and call all of your former employers and everything. Maybe they can find what happened. You never know if some former employer is bashing you, and you'd want to know before trying NetJets or any other company.

Do you hold a high union position or are you vocal in the union? Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I know a guy at my former airline who was a high ranking member of the union. He was very well qualified but had trouble finding a better job because of his union work. It was so bad that when he did leave he didn't tell anyone where he went for fear of having the same thing happen. I know this is a stretch, but since it came from the VP level and the labor problems airtran has had lately I wouldn't put it past them. Hang in there and come over to Netjets, its like no company I have ever worked for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back