Good taildragger needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Gorilla,

I would strongly recommend the Citabria also. I've instructed in 15 different models of taildraggers, and although there are others that are more fun to fly, the Citabria can't be beat for total value. Good training platform, (Lots of adverse yaw) cheap to purchase and operate, loves grass and is nice to loop and roll. (Install spades)

As far as tailwheel instruction goes, give Steve Manley a call at 972.345.3333. Steve has years of tailwheel teaching experience, and is an IA, so he can help you with prepurchase stuff. Super nice guy based at ADS. I worked for him years ago as an instructor, highly recommended. I think he's got a Cessna 120 for tailwheel dual these days, but I could be wrong.

Good Luck!

Thanks guys, somehow I missed these last few postings, as if my PC didn't show them as new. I'll investigate the Citabria/Decathlon series as well.

It'd be nice to spin and loop occasionally. :D I miss seeing the world upside down. Can't do that in my everyday work.

Cessna 120/140 is a GREAT taildragger...easy enough to transition, yet advanced enough for any RV. I had 120 hours of C140 time 2 years ago, and am now flying an RV-4 without an problems...RV's are very forgiving taildraggers, IMHO.

140's are cheap, available, and easy to sell..buy one for $20K, build some time and have something to fly CHEAP while you build your -8 and you'll be fine.

How about some advice? I also am thinking about buying a tail dragger. I just got my t'wheel endorsement and need some direction as to a decent, good handling aircraft. I am leaning toward a Thorp because of price, performance. any comments?

Good taildragger needed?

What other kind is there? ;)

I've got a friend with a Thorpe down in the Palmdale, CA area. PM me if you want to contact him

I owned a Globe GC-1B Swift and a Stinson 108 Voyager 150 for a number of years. The Swift was lots of fun but the Stinson much more practical, especially to learn in. I have many fond memories of many hours in both. Both are in the Utility category, good for mild, positive G aerobatics and spins although I wouldn't recommend spinning the Swift.

Get a Van's.. You'll be glad you did.. :)

JungleJett - What does a Yak 50 run?

Strange!!!

FL420 said:
I owned a Globe GC-1B Swift and a Stinson 108 Voyager 150 for a number of years. The Swift was lots of fun but the Stinson much more practical, especially to learn in. I have many fond memories of many hours in both. Both are in the Utility category, good for mild, positive G aerobatics and spins although I wouldn't recommend spinning the Swift.

That's really coincidental??!?!?!?!?!

I currently own both a Swift (his) and a Stinson 108-1 (hers).....

I like your choice of planes!

BTW....not only would I not recommend the spins in the Swift, but it is an operating limitation....spins prohibited!

fb

Latest resources

Back