• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good News PSA FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread and the back of the compass correction cards make a few points obvious:

-It is never a good idea to air your dirty laundry in public, regardless of the circumstances. It is somewhat inherently childish.
-It is still entertaining for others to watch, nevertheless.
-There may or may not be a goat farm located somewhere in the Charlotte Metropolitan area.

Listen DC8,

I owed you an apology for creating this thread, and I did apologize, if you didn't get it before, sorry...again. Like you want to believe so much that I hunt down every new bee, every pilot and talk bad about you, your wrong. I don't say..."hey man, hows it hangin....did you here..." But if I was ever asked about you and how my experience was, I told them. Much like you would tell fellow Captains of whom you liked and dislike and why.

The goat thing...funny...original...yes, MINE?.NO..I continued the thread a few times, while it took off, but agreed it was stupid and didn't do it again, There others that are obviously continuing....believe it or not..I don't really care

Believe me I wave, say hello, even an occasional yelp to the fellow pilot, I believe in that fellowship stuff, if I didn't think you were always looking down at me I would say Hi to you too. I don't dislike you, I don't know you, I just don't want to be in the cockpit with you. and it's not because you made me put my paper down and fly by the book.

I know how bad the J4J's used to be looked upon, it would piss me off, I have a lot of close good friends that are j4j and I wouldn't wish that upon them or any others.

Listen DC8,

I know how bad the J4J's used to be looked upon, it would piss me off, I have a lot of close good friends that are j4j and I wouldn't wish that upon them or any others.

I'm jealous of the J4J's. They get to leave and we get to eat mice sandwiches.

Listen DC8,

Hummm, lots of J4J friends yet not to long ago you posted this.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1115642#post1115642

So please tell us, or if you prefer next time we see each other, let me know what issue you have being in the cockpit with me is. In fact, have pro standards there.

Other than the three issues I've mentioned before, we've never had any other issues. But please, don't be shy and tell us all what it is. I really would like to know.

You don't mind if I share your post with the ML guys do you. I'm sure they would like to build on that list of J4J friends you have here at PSA.

And while I do accept your appology this time, it is only because you apparently learned not to call me immature and unprofessional while doing so.

You want to chit chat by all means I'll chat with you, but not here.

Your right many J4J friends here, and many ML friends over there as well that are "built on that list." That previous post wasn't directed towards them nor the JJ's here, it was for your ML Union (whom everyone over there and here is trying to oust....great idea) and the CEL's that were shoved down our throats. But if it'll make you feel good go for it. I'll try not to loose sleep at night, your threat means nothing.

for what it's worth, I do apologize
I'm done with this thread

Clipper, dc8pilot just made you look like an ass!

I'm jealous of the J4J's. They get to leave and we get to eat mice sandwiches.

Now that's a good one. I learned of this from the company email of all places and got the full scoop recently. I think I'll start bidding lines based on how many (or few I should say) crew meals I see on the pairings.

Alright back to the thread. Who wants to go Dr. Phil on this? I'll start.

From what I can gather DC8flyer is extreme when it comes to the good book which can become a bad book if it is all you know and insist on following to a T. Knowing the capabilities of the aircraft and how to handle it with common sense in odd circumstances is important (don't get me wrong here... I'm still learning to eat some humble pie.) Sometimes the book doesn't come close to cutting it though.

There are a few that may do stupid stuff like insist on "gear down" 20 miles out just because the glideslope is at 1.5 dots or whatever. That...IMHO is stupid. This is just an example. There are captains that are known for insisting on this type of thing and they are somewhat hated because of it.

From what I can gather Clipper is a free spirit who finds it criminal to not be having fun at all times on the job. He's seriously offended by anyone who brings him down in the cockpit. A little too sensitive.

You guys represent the opposite ends of a spectrum that make up a typical airline pilot. Airlines pilots in general care a lot about having fun but at the same time abiding by the strict standards of protocol.

With a regional like PSA we are seeing a mix of the two different styles. You have your "checklists are for pussies" guys and then you also have your "I have absolutely no personality and if you do anything that is NOT in the book I'll write you up for it" guys.

Both are rediculous to the extreme and I prefer to not fly with either of the two.

OK. There's my Dr. Phil for ya. NEXT! :D

WOW and I say WOW!

Allow me to first say that somethings you (DC8) said was true. Very true! The newspaper thing was true, I really had no idea that that wasn't allowed, I was actually nervous about taking it out because I didn't know, so I tried it and got my answer real fast. I will never say I am the smartest thing out there.

quote]

I think the no reading material rule is in every flight manual out there and I remember it being covered in indoc. My question to you is this, if you knew there was a fed watching your every move and were nervous about pulling out your newspaper, why did you do it in the first place? Why would you risk a violation to you and the captain? Why as a professinal would you put yourself out there like that?

I'm not bashing you, I'm merely curious.

Alright back to the thread. Who wants to go Dr. Phil on this? I'll start.

From what I can gather DC8flyer is extreme when it comes to the good book which can become a bad book if it is all you know and insist on following to a T.

There isn't anything extreme flying the way you are trained and paid to do. Deviating for operational needs is one thing. Jumping in the seat and making up your own profiles, deciding not to use checklist while missing half of what you say is checked, etc... is completely different.

While you seem intent on interjecting yourself here, allow me to point out a flaw in your Dr. Phill post.

The only "by the book issue" Clipper and I had was his seemingly slackness in doing walk arounds. There isn't any give or take on this matter. It is a requirement so my enforcing this isn't extreme in any fashion.

The other issues with Clipper were a result of not poceedures, but his inability to make a rational decision. Asking him to put the paper away and to not make PA's that upset both the passengers and FA's isn't proceedure necessarily (although suggestions for such announcements are provided) but common sense for which you would think an adult in Clipper's position should be able to make on his own.

You want to chit chat by all means I'll chat with you, but not here.

Your right many J4J friends here, and many ML friends over there as well that are "built on that list." That previous post wasn't directed towards them nor the JJ's here, it was for your ML Union (whom everyone over there and here is trying to oust....great idea) and the CEL's that were shoved down our throats. But if it'll make you feel good go for it. I'll try not to loose sleep at night, your threat means nothing.

for what it's worth, I do apologize
I'm done with this thread

No threat here Clipper. Just your immature mind at work again. I guess this post of yours is like that newspaper thing. You were real nervous about doing it but did it anyway......

Your posts are your own. You put it out there directed at 3000 pilots. You had no problem shooting off your mouth when you figured no one would ever know who you were. Now you consider it a "threat". Are you incapable of standing by your own behavior, again? Is it someone elses fault again, for your behavior?

Your mind works (lack of better term) in mysterious ways.

Instead of appologizing for this post as well, you instead make another excuse and then tell me to go for it.

Ok, having received your permission I will now introduce you to more friends at ML.

Latest resources

Back