• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good News PSA FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember being an FO and dealing with Captains being a bit unusual. In all honesty,these were some of the best stories i have collected over my career.
One lesson i did learn after upgrading is that not all unprofessional types sit in the left seat only.

Learn a lesson from your bad experiences and dont be that individual. Being a professional is not announcing to the world someone's work suspension.

I've never flown with the guy so I don't know. And stories are just stories. However, he certainly has made a splash on the back of the compass correction cards.

I've never flown with the guy so I don't know. And stories are just stories. However, he certainly has made a splash on the back of the compass correction cards.

And don't forget the bathroom walls.

Again, just another example of the maturity (lack thereof) of some individuals that have issues with their captains (and most likely anyone in authority) when they have to be reeled in due to their own poor behavior.

I could tell you about the other f/o that has gone after me for two years because I had to remind him about not drinking within 12 hours as we sat in a public restuarant next to our hotel.

This sorry individual has amitted to being arrested and court ordered into anger management class for a bar fight in which he claimed to have broken someones jaw. I have a written statements from another captain for which this F/O seemed to be bragging about his bar incident so it isn't just me telling the story.

This individual was extremely upset when I told him that once he was done drinking I would call scheduling to let them know that 12 hours from then we could depart. In fact pro standards talked to him three times and told him to stop his inappropriate behavior towards me.

The last straw was when a female f/o told me this sorry individual was going around telling crew members I had some sexual harassment charge filed against me at another company. Completely false but just another example of the childishness of certain f/o's.

I let these children run wild for the past two years and have tolerate those weak minded individuals that chose to believe every word from these sorry individuals mouths. But since I am soon to depart, I just wanted to get the other side out.

The lesson here is if someone, anyone, tells you garbage in order to get you to harass or dislike another individual, don't fall for it. (reminds me of third grade) Tell them to be a man and address the issue with the other person and that you aren't interested in gossip.

I recall one f/o that couldn't hand fly the aircraft to save his life. I suggested he hand fly for a while to get comfortable with the airplane. He didn't want to and suggested again it would help him out. He said no again and i engaged the autopilot. Two days later I'm getting a call from a CP asking me why I was forcing this guy to hand fly. How pathetic these little people are..... Unfortunately his skills were so weak that his next sim resulted in his termination.

But no doubt, I'm the idiot for sincerely wanting to help.

I kinda like flying with M.K.
At least he helps program the FMS. My arm is way too short.

I have never flown with you dc8flyer, but so many people have said o.. dont fly with him if you can help it. Not just a few of the "sorry " people as you describe them.

I think a quote from your last statement kinda sums it up though "How pathetic these little people are".

But since I have not flown with you I will not judge...

However as for Clipper (I think I flew with him this last weekend), is a good captain and a pleasure to share a flight deck with. His comedy act breaks the ice with the pax a little. I actually had not one but two pax tell me on the way out he should get into radio if his current flying thing does not work out.

I think most pax enjoy the front end crew being more than a stiff sitting up front. There is a reason people come back and fly southwest and it is not always their 59$ fares. The crews on their airplanes (both front and back) make the experience of traveling an enjoyable one and those nervous flyers realize that there is a person not a machine up front taking them to see their loved ones or their next business meeting.

I have never flown with you dc8flyer, but so many people have said o.. dont fly with him if you can help it. Not just a few of the "sorry " people as you describe them.

I think a quote from your last statement kinda sums it up though "How pathetic these little people are".

But since I have not flown with you I will not judge...

However as for Clipper (I think I flew with him this last weekend), is a good captain and a pleasure to share a flight deck with. His comedy act breaks the ice with the pax a little. I actually had not one but two pax tell me on the way out he should get into radio if his current flying thing does not work out.

I think most pax enjoy the front end crew being more than a stiff sitting up front. There is a reason people come back and fly southwest and it is not always their 59$ fares. The crews on their airplanes (both front and back) make the experience of traveling an enjoyable one and those nervous flyers realize that there is a person not a machine up front taking them to see their loved ones or their next business meeting.

These pathetic little people are just what they are, pathetic due to their own behavior.

Don't be one of them.

Yes, I have heard from others that were approached by these pathetic individuals to "beware of me" and later told me after the flight they don't know what these pathetic little people were talking about.

My description of their behavior is not the problem even though you ignore their behavior that prompted the characterization. That is unfortunate.

I suppose your overlooking their false reports and spreading of false sexual harassment charges as Ok because Clipper was funny in the cockpit. I find that interesting but typical of someone that seems to have judge another without ever having flown with them.

Are you starting to see the patern established by these pathetic little people and their affect on weak minds?

dc8flyer,

I flew with you on a couple of trips, one of them being my last trip before departing for CAL. I have to say that the way you run the flight deck is with the upmost level of saftey and professionalism in mind. Its a shame that your being punished for trying to keep some level of respect to our profession but I do hope you enjoy the time off. By the way, both times we flew togeather I enjoyed it!

dc8flyer,

I flew with you on a couple of trips, one of them being my last trip before departing for CAL. I have to say that the way you run the flight deck is with the upmost level of saftey and professionalism in mind. Its a shame that your being punished for trying to keep some level of respect to our profession but I do hope you enjoy the time off. By the way, both times we flew togeather I enjoyed it!

Thanks!

The suspension was earlier this year thanks to a few pathetic children that filed BS claims simply because they couldn't stand having to put newspapers away, do their walk arounds, etc... I ensure the job is done instead of ignoring it just to "get along". In otherwords if I wasn't given a reason to say anything, there would never be an issue. Inany case it was paid and I got to play for a week.

But as we see, it is more important to be a stand up comedian, drink beer outside legal limits, than be a professional or project a professional image.

Hope all is well with you.

Latest resources

Back