• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good News out of mgm for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brad is doing an amazing job of leading ASA. We are cleaning up our house. We need to continue to do so, and I believe we will land some future flying with Delta or other Carriers as well. The greatest thing Brad has done has focused his energies on changing MANAGEMENTS ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE FRONT LINES. And it has made all the difference. According to his last letter, Crew Delays are about NIL. GFY Brian ledusche and Skippy. Y'all sucked and proved you have NO competence ever running an airline. I wish Brad would clear out the rest of the old ASA guard too. But I believe in his leadership and with it good things will come.

Trojan

Well it looks like they have moved beyond simply supplying Kool Aid to the SLC crew lounge and are now dumping 50 gallon jugs of Kool Aid mix into the water supply of the city itself. I really miss the old Trojan. :D

Disclaimer: Save your comments, Trojan is a friend of mine and I am just messing with him because his new found enthusiasm is kind of scaring me.

Well it looks like they have moved beyond simply supplying Kool Aid to the SLC crew lounge and are now dumping 50 gallon jugs of Kool Aid mix into the water supply of the city itself. I really miss the old Trojan. :D

Disclaimer: Save your comments, Trojan is a friend of mine and I am just messing with him because his new found enthusiasm is kind of scaring me.

Hey Shamrock, I drink the Kool Aid by the Gallons -- But remember this, I don't fly a 50 seat jet for Brazilia pay, and I NEVER took a paycut for growth ;-).

P.S. Start feeling my Optomism and spread it a little will ya? I'm tired of your auburn doom and gloom. Now granted if I was a fan of them, it's easy to feel defeat. But we're ASA with a new leader. Our new leader has kind of been like Pete Carroll. Turned the Trojans from the absolute WORST to National Champions in 2 years. Feel it, will ya!

Trojan

I don't think Brad is done cleaning house yet. My money is on Brad. As soon as the FA's contract is done Eva will be shown the door. ( you know she wants to spend more time with her family) I damn sure don't belive Brad is afraid of some law suit that LW might file if she is shown the door also. ( BS on the threat) By the end of 08 they will both be gone. Is there any one else left that needs to go?

701EV

Joe,

With all due respect, I was waiting for your response. I knew it was coming because of your responses on other threads. We, as pilots, don't have the big picture. Especially delivery schedules. The sky is NOT falling. I agree with you, ALPA is severely dysfunctional, and needs correcting. No doubt there. But to say we missed the boat is a whole different story. What was our performance then? I could argue our Company was not worth putting those aircraft at. We needed to clean house and bring in a worthy leader. We are becoming a preference for service! When is the last time in your Career at ASA you could say that? We need to fix some stuff first, then take care of the rest. I believe in our Leader. He's doing a fine job. We need to keep on backing him up and provide a quality service. The rest will follow.

Trojan

The 900s that were coming to ASA were divirted to Skywest....Things are better now, but then I knew they would be once we finished contract negotiations....The firehose wasn't going to come until we wrapped up negotiations....

I still believe we waited to long to wrap things up....We were holding out for 4 big ticket items that we never did get...

1. Big 700 raise.
2. B fund retirement.
3. 100% retro.
4. Instructor section status quo.

Those were things we were still holding on to 4+ years into negotiations.....And management wasn't going to give into those items...

The 900s were diverted and we still don't have adequate scope.....

I appreciate your optimism...but I see storm clouds coming.....We are primarily a 50 seat airliner that is going to shrink....

We need some long term strategic planning and we need a union that acts like a union....I'm not going to drink the ALPA koolaid...things are not all rosy here....

P.S. Start feeling my Optomism and spread it a little will ya? I'm tired of your auburn doom and gloom. Now granted if I was a fan of them, it's easy to feel defeat. But we're ASA with a new leader. Our new leader has kind of been like Pete Carroll. Turned the Trojans from the absolute WORST to National Champions in 2 years. Feel it, will ya!

Trojan

A new avatar, just for you.

The 900s that were coming to ASA were divirted to Skywest....Things are better now, but then I knew they would be once we finished contract negotiations....The firehose wasn't going to come until we wrapped up negotiations....

I still believe we waited to long to wrap things up....We were holding out for 4 big ticket items that we never did get...

1. Big 700 raise.
2. B fund retirement.
3. 100% retro.
4. Instructor section status quo.

Those were things we were still holding on to 4+ years into negotiations.....And management wasn't going to give into those items...

The 900s were diverted and we still don't have adequate scope.....

I appreciate your optimism...but I see storm clouds coming.....We are primarily a 50 seat airliner that is going to shrink....

We need some long term strategic planning and we need a union that acts like a union....I'm not going to drink the ALPA koolaid...things are not all rosy here....

We are primarily a 50 seat airline NOW. If we shrink, guess what? We become extremely expensive. SkyWest invested in us to shrink or die? That will cost them MILLIONS of what they already have in the bank. Bad business and I'm not buying it. The SKY IS NOT FALLING JOE. Read the outlook section in the SkyWest 2007 Annual Report. There is growth opportunities. But first we have to prove we're worth it. We are now. As Jerry has stated in the past about Unions, you have to jump through a few more hoops, but good business is still good business. We operate in arguably the best market in the US. We are more ontime and efficient than most airlines operating out of other less congested airports. Be happy when you go to work, we have the right Leadership. Do you really believe Brad is here now to dismantle ASA? That absolutely makes 0 sense. We are performing.

Trojan

We are primarily a 50 seat airline NOW. If we shrink, guess what? We become extremely expensive. SkyWest invested in us to shrink or die? That will cost them MILLIONS of what they already have in the bank. Bad business and I'm not buying it. The SKY IS NOT FALLING JOE. Read the outlook section in the SkyWest 2007 Annual Report. There is growth opportunities. But first we have to prove we're worth it. We are now. As Jerry has stated in the past about Unions, you have to jump through a few more hoops, but good business is still good business. We operate in arguably the best market in the US. We are more ontime and efficient than most airlines operating out of other less congested airports. Be happy when you go to work, we have the right Leadership. Do you really believe Brad is here now to dismantle ASA? That absolutely makes 0 sense. We are performing.

Trojan

1. I don't think Skywest is going to call the shots going forward....DAL is going to push for lower regional costs...

2. There is nothing that says ASA has to do the ATL flying....it can be done by non-union Skywest for lower costs....We need to get a single list....

3. No I don't believe Brad is here to dismantle ASA....but he still has a Skywest seniority number and Skywest is going to be the priority....Just wait till United goes out....That will change things.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back